Wednesday, May 18, 2011

***Heartfelt Creations Wednesday ***featuring Swirlydoos...

The new Bella Rose stamp sets and dies from Heartfelt Creations are so beautiful and so versatile. From cardmakers to scrap pages to altered art. They work so well . In this LO I have used some stamps from the new set and combined older stamps and they blend so well. I didnt have to place a title on the LO, as the gorgeous backround stamp had the words right in it. Perfect as I am sooo bad with placing titles on my layouts. Once again I am using my current Swirlydoos kit to complete this layout. Grandma's Garden. The picture is my sisters granddaughter Nikki sitting on a park bench . I added the sweet butterfly wings in Photoshop. My sweet little redhead.
I have to confess, the design of this layout is the Design of my Swirlydoos Design Team Sister Camilla Eckman. She did a wonderful tutorial on layering and clustering. I couldn't wait to do it for this LO. Thank you Camilla for the inspiration!! I hope I did you justice!!

Here is a closeup of the beautiful stamp that looks like an adorned book page. I stamped it on yellow cardstock that came in our Swirlydoos card stock add on kit, then proceeded to color the leaves and flowers using Glimmer Mist and a small brush. I took advantage of the words You Are So Beautiful in the stamp, and used it for my title.

This is just a closeup of the flowers that I created using the stamp and the die that was made for it. Spellbinders creates gorgeous dies for Heartfelt Creations to die cut the gorgeous stamps. It saves so much time with fussy cutting each layer f or the flowers, as well as the beautiful flourishes attached to the leafy vines.

And here is a close up of the flower cluster and the beautiful new leafy vine from the Bella Rose set, I know I will be using this one a lot!! I love it!! I created the centers using my McGill Star punch. I punched about 4 of them for each middle as I demonstrated in my Purple Passion Flower tutorial. I did tuck in a few Swirlydoos rosebuds into my flower cluster. I just thought they were so peachy sweet.


I used my Swirlydoos May kit, Grandma's Garden to create this layout. I absolutely adore the Glitz line Laced with Grace. The warm colors are yummy! Head on over to the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see the gorgeous work that the Design Team has done this week!! They are incredible!!
Here are the instructions to create this LO.

Products used:

HCPC 3397 Bella Rose Vintage Background PreCut Set

HCPC 3390 Bella Rose Leaves PreCut Set

HCD 712 Bella Rose Die

HCPC 3318 Daisy Patch Flowers PreCut Set

HCD 703 Daisy Patch Die

HCPC 3367 Vintage Life Background PreCut Set

Other Products:

Martha Stewart Deep Edge punch

Glimmer Mist

May Arts ribbon

Petaloo Color Me Crazy Frames and Tags

Archival black ink

McGill Sun punch

Prima say it in pearls

EK Success edge punch

Instructions:

Start with a 12 x 12 piece of patterned card stock for background and start layering different sized papers.(tutorial Here) The middle strip was made by double edge punching thee MS deep edge punch and adhering a ribbon across the middle. Lay the punched piece onto a wider strip of paper and adhere. Adhere finished piece to the middle of the paper horizontally. place 2 other papers vertically side by side, overlapping slightly. Stamp the Bella rose Vintage Background stamp onto a coordinating color card stock. Paint using various colors of Glimmer Mist. Stamp the frame using the word background and place over photo. Angling both the photo and the stamped Bella rose Vintage Background, place next to each other over the layers in the middle of the page. Ink and die cut the leaves in dark green card stock and using a cream colored card stock, die cut different sizes of flowers, using 2-3 layers for each flower. Stamp and spray with Glimmer Mist for color. Start wrinkling the flowers while damp and dry using a craft dryer. Unravel them carefully and start layering them. Punch 4 stars for each middle and layer them as shown. assemble the leaves and finished flowers around the photo. Tear into the edge of the 12 x 12 background in various places and place a decorative punched edge behind the tears. Tuck some Prima pearls around the photo.

16 comments:

  1. What a stunning LO! Love your colors and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning ! Absolutely gorgeous. And what a cutie as well. So inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another stunning LO for an adorable little angel. I really need that stamp set, hopefully I will be able to create a page half as stunning as yours. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm looking forward to your next posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEHE! I sometimes have a stack of layouts waiting for titles...I find choosing a title the hardest work. Stunning work Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this layout is gorgeous.. wow those stamps are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous LO! I finally got that sun punch yesterday... can't wait to play with it although my flowers never look as good as yours... your work is SO INSPIRING!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. another peice of art, this is gorgeous!!!!! Love how you used the stamp Bella Rose Vintage Background to frame out the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your page is absolutely gorgeous, Lisa! Love the layout and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow that is stunning love those stamps.......gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  11. I freaking love Heartfelt Creation stamps! I need that swirly leaf one now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, this is just stunning beyond words! Your flowers are amazing and you make the most gorgeous layouts ever!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Just love your flowers they are the best.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your scrapbook pages are such an inspiration - such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic layout! Soooo beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely design all leading to a precious photo.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!