Wednesday, September 1, 2010

~~~Sew Perfect~~~

/>
Reveal Day for Swirlydoos is upon us. This is a Design Team LO done with the new September Kit Mon Amour. Mon Amour is absolutey beautiful. The brand new My Minds eye papers are tres magnifique!! They have such a french flair to them. This pattern inspired paper gave me the inspiration to create the flowers using an old pattern I would never use again. The leafy vines I created especially for this kit and can be found at Swirlydoos. I also created a new butterfly file for the kit. Please visit Swirlydoos to download your free files.
The photo is of my children when they were younger pretending to sew using my antique Singer Sewing machine. i removed the needle, and while Gabbie manually turned the wheel, Nick pushed the fabric through the feed dogs. It was so adorable listening to the two of them working so hard together to sew. Those were the sweetest times.



I created the leafy vines in various colors for the kit. If you don't mind fussy cutting. You could also print them up on transparency sheets like Robin does. Either way they look awesome. You don't have to cut out the swirlies, the leaves alone are beautiful.




I printed out 2 pictures, cut one smaller and layered it right on top of each other to create dimension. I then used pages from my 100 year old Swiss Family Robinson book for the punched photo mat.



I created a sheet of tiny letters using Microsoft Word, then cut them out row by row and saved them for future use when I need them.



I was inspired to create these flowers by the pattern design in the paper. I used one of my old patterns and cut the flowers with my Tim Holtz Tattered floral die and just gathered them up using the beautiful brads that came in the embellishment add on for the kit. I really love this kit!! Grab one while they are still available. they sell out quickly!!

8 comments:

  1. I love you idea of using an old pattern to create these flowers! I have some old pics of my kids doing their 4-H sewing projects that these would look great with! Thanks for sharing the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this lo!!!! I think is one of my favorites of yours!!!!!!!!! Love the colors in this kit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is So Perfect! Especially the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, perfection .. left you some love already in the SD gallery but wanted to come here and say FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa!! :)

    Awesome layout!! Love the story and the photo!! Super, super creative with the pattern flowers... that's genius!! Oh... and thank you, thank you, thank you for more beautiful butterflies!!

    God bless & big hugs...

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Lisa...you do it time and again...roll out one stunning layout after the other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh Lisa..this is fab!! I love your designs. They inspire me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O.M.G!!!!! - that picture is so sweet!!!! What a great page. I do love this kit and the colors you chose for this page are yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!