Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The House That Built Me

This LO was done with Swirlydoos July "Summer Serenity" kit. My niece took a trip to New York, and I asked her to go by the house I grew up in and take a snapshot...The journaling comes from a Miranda Lambert Song..."The House That Built Me". The house looks soooo different from when I lived there. The beautiful shutters and window boxes that my mom filled with the most beautiful flowers is gone. It looks so plain. A little run down. But it looks like the people who live in there are happy, the color of the house tells me so. But it did bring back the best memories seeing it for the first time in 15 years. I just had to do a page on it. I used my Prima, Iron Orchid Build a Frame Stamp set to stamp the borders of the paper. I have had them since they first came out, used them a couple of times on my early days LO's, when I should be using them all the time!! Love them to dress up papers!! The print paper is from my personal stash. It is Jennie Bowlin paper. TFL...



The branch was cut from cardstock that I traced a Dusty Attic chipboard design on. I added some punched Martha Stewart leaves. The butterfly is from my personal stash that I shared over at Swirlydoos, just rubbed some Rock Candy Stickles on them.


The fence is from Dusty Attic. I used Tim Holtz Rusted technique on it. I had a tutorial at Swirlydoos, but when we were hacked, it was lost...I used some of my May Arts Ribbon throught the fence and added some Wild Orchid tiny roses.


The Prima Flowers are from the kit. I hand cut the leaves, used my deco scissors to cut them out, folded, inked and curled them for a more realistic look.


Just another closeup.

9 comments:

  1. Lisa, what a stunning design!!!!!!!! Love the printed paper layers and your wonderful journaling; even more, I love your handmade embellies and the way you clustered them with the ones from the Swirly Kit!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,this is so beutiful,i love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Gorgeous lo!!!!! Stunning details!!! LOVE THE TITLE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that layout! The song is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the layout and I love the story behind the photo of the house. What a wonderful way to preserve precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, has a real outdoor garden feel to it, and the overall sepia tones give it a relaxing yet fresh feel. Wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute house. Great layout love all the details.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH girl!! This is breathtaking! What a cool lo to do..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the vines and all the embellishments. Great title and story.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!