Friday, July 2, 2010

More Summer Serenity

This LO was completed with Swirlydoos July Summer Serenity kit. I used one of the new Prima Stamps that I won to stamp the backround paper and then sewed around the border.I also used my new Zutter distressing machine to fray the ends. I made my flower using my ribbon flower technique and then wove the rest through the cardstock. The photo is of my mom, 2 of her brothers, her little sister, aunt and nanny and nanny's son. The nanny and my mom's aunt were in charge of taking care of the children while my mom's parents flew to NY from Puerto Rico to set up a home for their new life in the United States. My mom is the one holding her doll. She was always the nurturer. Not surprised that she was a nurse for 40 years before she retired.


5 comments:

  1. Fantastico! Love the stamping on the solid colored base paper! I've done the Capella already but can't wait for my Swirly kit to arrive! Fab ribbon flower .. gorgeous as alwasy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing photo to have. You have made a wonderful job of the LO.Always beautiful!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. The leaves and ribbon and borders enhance the photo and memory with your Mother's photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! I love all of the details in your work. You are such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh,wow,i love your work!!It's so beautiful!!
    Have a good weekend,Jolanda.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!