Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sisters

This is a DT LO for Swirlydoos "Antebellum Beauty". The June kit feature the gorgeous Ella Blue line from GCD Studio's and The Vintage Love line from Glitz...They are beautiful!! The Flowers were given to us by Krissy at Swirlydoos Camp last month. The are from Petaloo. The flowers wre layered Rock Candy Stickled and I put some white stamen in the middles. I then crunched them a little to distress further. The leaved were punched from a Sizzix die and cut apart. The butterflies are from the file I shared for this months kit, I just stickled them also, and when cutting them out, I also cut out antennae in the shape I wanted. The blue cardstock was punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The paper was distressed using Robins water distress technique which Peggy explained nicely here. I found the cute vintage tag at The Graphics Fairy...She has awesome stuff there!! The frame is Dusty Attic chipboard frame. I left it in it's raw form, because it is so beautiful.I lightly inked it, although I could see doing a wonderful painted Patina finish on it. The photo is my sister and I a couple of years ago. We fought like cats and dogs when we were kids, but love each other to death today!! OK, off to create another LO...Lets see what I can get done on my day off!! Probably not a whole lot of housework...ssssshhhhhh....Dont tell!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! You must give us tips on how to photograph layouts that are so layered. I try and scan mine, but is always squashes the flowers and distorts the image underneath the bulk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo beautiful. I just love the embelishments you used.... look at those beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I love the soft colors and those fantastic flowers.. another beautiful creation..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!