Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Swirlydoos has been hacked!!!

Krissy's open letter to Swirlydoos and the loyal members.

Dear Valued Swirlydoos Members, It is with a very heavy heart that I write this letter to you. Over the past 3 days a nasty, vicious *insert really bad expletive here* person hacked into our website and functionally destroyed it. This person got into the system and deleted every single photo, graphic, text, layout, everything. It is all gone. You've no idea how crazy it makes me to have to type that. I put a year and a half of my time, heart and soul into that website and they took it all down in a matter of days. BLAH!!!!!!! Anyway - I'm getting emotional. I apologize. We are going to have to completely re-build swirlydoos.com. We lost all of the forum posts, we lost all of the previous kit photos. But, we did NOT lose our desire to have a tremendously talented and kind online community of the best scrapbookers in the world. We did NOT lose our drive to continually support you in your art while putting out the most gorgeous kits and products we can get our hands on. They may have TRIED to put us out of commission, but they've only hardened our resolve (and made us hurry up and re-design grrrr). By the end of this evening when you go to www.swirlydoos.com you will be automatically redirected to our blog site www.swirlydoos.blogspot.com. This is where we will be putting all updates and Heaven forbid our Kit Reveal for Wednesday. Nothing has changed with the kit shipments, none of YOUR personal information has been compromised. The only changes you will notice right now are that obviously - the site is gone, the gallery is gone and the store is gone. We are working diligently at this very moment to get it all put back "somewhat" the way it was and it is my personal hope that we will have some semblance of our beloved site back up and running on reveal day. I am very sincerely sorry for any trouble this may have caused any of you - trust me if I could get my hands on these people..... If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact me. The most important thing right now is that you all know that NOTHING has changed with the kits and the shipping, and all communications will be via email or our blog for the next few days. Best scrappy wishes to you all, The Swirlydoos Team.

11 comments:

  1. The measures some people will go to...it makes me so mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sucks! I tried to access the site & couldn't get there... I wondered if dh had waved his magic wand on my favorite sites... but then I could get other places & thought "technical difficulty" but this, THIS makes me MAD! How evil do people really need to be to take down a scrapbook & crafting site?! Grrrrr.... but I know you girls can pull yourselves up by your bra straps and make it all better :-) Sending Swirly Love!
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry this has happened to you. It seems to be happening more and more.

    Hugs
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you. Such a senseless act. What purpose? Just wanted to let you know that even though I am not a member of Swirlydoos, your site has been a HUGE inspiration to me in so many ways. Looking forward to the restablishment of the site, and having a feeling it will only be greater in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so heartbreaking. Why do people do this? It will be hard but think positive thoughts and remember we are all out here for you.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow another hacker job!!! This is getting to be far too common lately. Just hoping for a quick recovery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow another hacker job!!! This is getting to be far too common lately. Just hoping for a quick recovery

    ReplyDelete
  8. WELL, THAT'S ABOUT THE LOWEST!!!! ALL MY BEST TO KRISSY AND EVERYONE OVER AT SWIRLYDOOS!! WE LOVE YA AND WE SHALL RETURN!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awful, I ask myself why did they do it??? What could they of possibly of gained from it? Hopefully you have the bulk of it 'backed up'. Good luck in re-establishing the site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a senseless act of cruelty. Hard to beleive it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so terrible! :( I'm sorry that happened. :(

    Is there a way that you can retrieve some of the deleted information through a RSS feed source?

    I hope Swirlydoos will be back up, better than ever soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!