Monday, April 15, 2024

My Creative Scrapbook April 2024 Limited Edition Kit

 Hello lovelies. I am back with my second layout as Guest Designer for My Creative Scrapbook. The April kit features Prima's In Full Bloom designed by The 3 Girls Tale. What a beautiful collection for a gorgeous kit! I am working with the April Special Edition kit. The pack of coordinating ephemera along with the Prima  flowers help to create this layout. I started with 1 piece of plain old white cardstock from my stash. I added splashes of color using inks and paints. The banner was hand cut using scraps from the various papers in the kit. I did some machine stitching around each piece, then edge distress them. I hole punched 2 holes on each piece and added an eyelet to each hole using my Crop-A-Dile.  I used some jute to string through the pieces to create the banner. I attached it to the background paper using pop dots under each peice just to elevate the banner for some dimension.  I matted the photo with another  piece of leftover scrap paper. 


I used some of the ephemera and flowers to create the clusters on the banner. I used some of the stamped leaves from the stamp set included in the kit, and die cut some leaves using the backs of the 4x6 cards included as well. It is a really pretty green. 


This is the cluster on the bottom of the layout. There are 2 small tags at the base that I created using scraps, then layered the ephemera and the flowers over them 


I did the same for the cluster on the top of the page. I also create banners using strips I cut from scraps, as well as the piece at the base of the 12 x 12 papers that are usually discarded. I always save them if they are pretty! I used the tiny heart in the stamp set, stamped it around the page and using a fine tipped marker, drew stitching lines around each heart. 


This layout was fun and simple to create. With the addition of a 12x12 piece of white cardstock, it gives you a blank canvas to show off the papers in the kit. And it was a great way to use the scrap pieces left over from the other 3 layouts I created. 

Get the MCS April Limited Edition Kit, and check out the other kits available this month. I know I want them all!! 

Follow the My Creative Scrapbook Blog to see what the designers have created using each of the different Kits that My Creative Scrapbook offers. There is a style for everyone!! 

Be Sure To Follow My Creative Scrapbook

Facebook

Instagram

Pinterest

Linktree


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!