Thursday, June 1, 2023

Spectrum Gardenia

 Hello Lovelies. If you love Spectrum Sherbet, you are TOTALLY going to love Spectrum Gardenia!! This collection has all of the gorgeous color you will ever want!! From the classic collection, to the Solids and the beautiful Painted Foundations, you will want it all. I started my layout with the Pinwheel paper from the Painted Foundation 12x12 Collection pack. Top prepare the paper, I did some machine sewing on it, brushed on clear gesso, and did some stenciling with modeling paste. I wanted a play on color, so I dug into my vast array of sprays, and found a color to match each of the rays on the pinwheel, and painted on more color. 


I love all of the little elements you can add to your projects to give you those final little touches that really do make a big impact.  The laser cut bows, the tags with the safety pins, and of course the gorgeous butterflies are only a few of hundreds of elements! For the title, I cut apart one of the sentiment strips, backed the words with some chipboard and mounted them vertically. 


For the little butterflies, I used a punch, and chose one of the papers from the Gardenia 6x8 collection that had all of the colors on my 12x12 paper. I punched all of the butterflies out and adhered them to each coordinating color. To have my frame stand out, I chose the black and white laser cut frame. I added the black laser cuts to add to my frame, but I did add 1 purple  piece. I used the laser cut butterflies to match as well. 


I paired the laser cut leaves with the leaves from the flower collection because they look so well together. I am always amazed at the fine details of the vine stems on the leaves. They are so delicate but hold up so well. It makes the leaves look so realistic. 


Thank you for joining me. I hope you are inspired to use Spectrum Gardenia to put a little color into your art world! I promise you will not be disappointed. 


49 and Market Products Used:

Spectrum Gardenia Painted Foundations 12x12 paper/Pinwheels
Spectrum Gardenia 6x8 Classics Collection Pack
Spectrum Gardenia Laser Cut Elements /Essentials
Spectrum Gardenia Laser Cut Elements /Butterfly
Spectrum Gardenia Laser Cut Elements /Leaves
Spectrum Gardenia Laser Cut Elements/ General
Wildflowers Paper Flowers/Kismet
Florets paper Flowers/Kismet
Royal Posies Passion /Pink Paper Flowers/olive paper flowers
Royal Spray Passion /Pink Paper Flowers


Lindys Stamp Gang Colors Used:

Pink Ladies Pink
Clownfish Coral
Peony Scarlet Red
French Lilac Violet
My Mojito Green
Aloha Green
Apothecary Azure

Finnabair 
Stencil/ Dandelions

Liquitex Basics Modeling Paste

Art Basics Clear Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!