Tuesday, May 16, 2023

49 and Market ARToptions Rouge, and Color Swatch Blossom 12x12 layout

Hello Lovelies, welcome to another addition of PINK!! ARToptions Rouge and Color Swatch in Blossom have the most gorgeous pinks.  Paired with a touch of green, they remind me of cherry blossom season! So gorgeous! And the variety of 49 and Market flowers to match the paper collections is fabulous. I created this 12x12 layout using 1 piece of  Blossom #4 12x12 paper, and placing some Rouge fabric tape to separate the cut layer, makes it look like I layered 3 different papers.  On the top layer, I added ARToptions Rouge rub ons from the 12x12 pack. You can create your own designs on the papers using the rub ons. Amaze yourself. Try it!! 

I started to use the sketch for May, and of course it took a different direction. Sometimes that's a good thing. Sketches can kick start your creativity. I was going to use one of the designs from the cluster kit, and I had a different vision in my head, so I followed my vision. The wonderful thing about the cluster kit is you can mix and match and add on embellishments from other embellishments packs in the collection, or stay true to the designs on the package. Its all up to you. 

For the chipboard frames from the Cluster kit, I used one of the large green tickets from the kit, and one matching one from the Laser Cut collection, cut them into strips, and adhered the strips to the frames. I love the look. The photo is in the middle, and I backed the frames that are on either side of the photo with a matching paper from the Rouge 6x8 paper collection. I love the 6x8 papers, not only for journal pages and cards, but to cut up when you don't want to cut one of your 12x12 pieces of paper when you only need a smaller piece.  

Once again, the Acetate leaves are one of my favorite embellishments. I love that you can still see some of the beautiful designs under the leaves, but the leaves clearly stand out. I have added a touch of white acrylic paint to the flowers, and spattered some on the layout, along with some colored sprays. Pink and green is truly one of my favorite color combos. The flowers are from a couple of different collections, but the Passion Pink, Taffy and Olive colors go together so well. 

I simply adore the moths and butterflies in each of the collections. If you know me, you know I love my butterflies! I adhere them by the body only, and fluff up the wings. I did some machine stitching on the layout, and used a herringbone stitch between the outer paper and the Repositionable fabric. I used a simple straight stitch on the inner paper. Both the outer paper, and the inner paper were mounted on separate pieces of corrugated cardboard using Mod Podge. Once it dried, I wet the edges, and peeled back the paper to reveal the corrugated part of the cardboard. I painted the exposed cardboard with white acrylic paint, then used some green distress ink over the white paint after it dried. 


I hope that you are inspired to create with ARToptions Rouge and Color Swatch in Blossom. They are truly gorgeous collections. 


49 and Market Products Used:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!