Tuesday, October 5, 2021

49 and Market In The Leaves Collection. "Hello Fall"

 Hello beauties. I think no one loves fall more than me!! Living in subtropical weather, makes me miss fall the most!! That doesn't mean I can't scrap my favorite season! My cousin mailed me some leaves from New York, and I used them in a photo shoot of my granddaughter. One of the newest collections, "In The Leaves" is the perfect collection to scrap those gorgeous days of autumn. The colors, the textures, this amazing collection has it all. I was so in love with the September sketch, I had to use it for inspiration again. I did a little texture in the background with a stencil and texture paste, then used some distress ink around the edges of the 12x12 layout. and rubbed a bit over the textured parts of the background. I went over the entire background with clear gesso. When it was dry, I spritzed the background lightly with water, then used some Starburst Spray in a couple of different coordinating colors to wash the color into the background. This is for a watercolor effect that the paper already had. I just wanted to enhance it. Then I began building my design. The coordinated products to the papers are phenomenal! What I used is listed below. 


The newest colors of flowers are gorgeous! So rustic and beautiful at the same time. Deep yellows, brick reds, rusty golds, just beg to be used on an Autumn project. I mixed and matched Rustic Blooms, and  Rustic bouquet, in different colors. 


And don't throw out those small scraps. I saved some of the scrap Peace and Joy papers from my previous project. The colors were perfect for the leaves that I die cut to tuck in here and there. The laser cuts are awesome!!! You can see the falling leaves just fluttering down the layout.  Look at that little Maple Seed!!! I need MORE!!! And the In The Leaves Foliage are little bursts of big color scattered throughout as well. There are leaves, butterflies and leaf clusters in the pack. I layered the laser cuts, strung one of them with jute and hung it from the floral cluster. I also inked and tucked in some lace for more texture. When the layout was complete, I added some colored Art Stones, and spattered some ink on the page. 


The laser cut butterflies are beautiful! And I simply adore the laser cuts to top the photos which looks like they were wrapped in string. The new Essentials Whitewash Chipboard Frames are perfect to showcase your photos. I edged it in some distress ink, and topped it over a File Folder Frame which I also inked.


Thank you for joining me today! I hope that you are inspired to create your own Fall project. I can promise you this isn't the last project I will do with In The Leaves. Get yours soon!!


49 and Market Products Used:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!