Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Mini Album Dusty Attic


 The Dusty Attic Mood Board Challenge colors are so beautiful!!! I knew exactly what I wanted to do using the blue and green. I had been wanting to do a new mini album using those 2 colors. This was my chance! Did you know Dusty Attic has more than chipboard?? Yup... Flowers, stencils, pearls and texture paint are just more of the products I used on this mini album cover. I used neutral colored patterned paper for the album so that I can use color any way I wanted on it.



Here is a view of the spine. The mini album is a little over 1 inch thick. There is room to expand before the album is tied closed, so adding a few bulking items will not interfere with the closure. I used Prima marketing Salvage District paper for my mini. I  love that any color can be used beautifully on the paper.


Here is a close up of the cover. You can almost feel the rich texture created by the stencil and texture paste.  To prep the cover, used the Dusty Attic texture paste and distressed stencil. Once it was dried, I brushed the whole cover with clear gesso. I sprayed the cover lightly with a fine mist of water, then added my spray colors and let them bleed on the cover. once I was satisfied with the coverage, I stated to add my flowers and chipboard in layers, I love Dusty Attic Flowers, I chose to spray them with Lindys Stamp Gang colors that were similar to the flower colors. This added shimmer to the blooms.


I colored some seam ribbon with the same color sprays I used on the album cover. I added some beads and jewelry findings from my stash to the ends of the ribbon.


This is a view of the album when it is closed with the ties. There are only 4 pages in the album, but each one is interactive with flip-ups and pull outs. This creates lots of "real estate" for journaling and photos. All of the chip board was primed with white gesso, then sprayed with color mists. The title of the album was heat embossed with Embossing powder so that it would stand out from the sprayed chipboard.


Here is a view of the album opened up. I think I will color the some of the inside pages as well and add some more Dusty Attic Chipboard and texture. I used Kathy Orta's Hidden Hinge Binding system to adhere my 4 pages to. The base of my mini is a variation of Kathy's Foto Folio. I just did my own thing based on her




DUSTY ATTIC PRODUCTS USED:









OTHER PRODUCTS
Lindys Stamp Gang Sprays Used:
Ponderosa Pines Olive Starburst spray
Azure Sea Asters Starburst Spray
Delphinium Turquoise Starburst Spray
Desert Moon Turquoise Embossing Powder
Drop Dead Gorgeous Green Starburst Spray

Prima Marketing Products Used:
Salvage District Paper collection
Art Basics Art Stones large and small
Art Basics 3D Gloss gel
Art Basics Clear gesso


1 comment:

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!