Wednesday, November 30, 2016

"She Was Tired Layout" Yvonne Blair Art Girls Design Team for Impression Obsession

 This month, with Fall in the air, I was inspired to do a layout that was rustic and fresh and crisp with the smell of burning leaves in the air....BUT..I am in Florida..So I can only dream. And that is the beauty of Art. You can always dream. I used one of Yvonne Blairs stamps for this layout. The sentiment was perfect. My daughter was leaving for college and growing a new set of wings. We just let her fly. So she packed her bags and flew 3000 miles away to the other side of the country. She Was Tired was the perfect stamp as it echoed how she was feeling when she left for school and a new adventure,
To create the base to my layout, I used corrugated cardboard in 2 layers for the base. For the top layer, I peeled back and distressed the paper. Spritzing it with water helps with the process. I also used Lindys Stamp Gang Steam Punk Sepia Starburst spray to give it more color and shimmer.



I stamped the sentiment on a piece of paper from the same collection I used to create the entire layout. I used a brown ink and then cut the sentiment in strips. I inked the edges of the strips, then adhered it to my layout.



All of the flowers on this layout were created from various dies in my stash. Prima, Sizzix, LaLa land Craft, and Spellbinders are some of the brands I used. I also used a Sun McGill punch for my flower middles. I layered about 6 pieces for each middle to make them look like dried up thistle flower pods. I used Lindys Stamp Gang sprays to color my flowers and leaves.



The frame was created from 2 different Sizzix dies. I just layered them to make it a bit dimensional. I cut a base from corrugated cardboard then cut the same 2 designs with paper. I adhered the paper to the cardboard then layered the 2 pieces and inked the edges.  This created a dimensional frame.



 Here is a closeup of some of the flowers. I spayed them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray and inked everything on the layout using Tim Holtz Distress ink. I love that the ink is water soluble and will spread if wet. It worked beautifully on this layout. I used Lindys Stamp Gang Steam Punk Sepia to enhance the ink,



Thank you for joining me this month and allowing me to share another piece of my he(art)...

xoxo

Lisa


Impression Obsession stamp by Yvonne Blair




OTHER PRODUCTS USED








8 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is stunning! So balanced and eye catching! Beautiful colors. the photo is perfect, along with your story, for the fabulous stamped words! Awesome and inspirational work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing again lovely piece thanks for Lindy's Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is gorgeous and your flowers are amazingly beautiful! Thank you for joining at Lindy's stamp gang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Lindy's Stamp Gang!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for playing along with us at Lindy’s Stamp Gang!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this. So striking and soothing to the eye! Truly not just a layout, but a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!