Friday, June 17, 2016

Koi Fish Canvas for Lindys Stamp Gang

Hello Lindy's lovers. Today I have a small canvas that I created using the Challenge Colors. The set, called, Beauty School Dropout is absolutely fabulous! Any of the sets, take the guessing work out of  coordinating colors for you. It is already done. The June Color challenge set can be found HERE.
To prepare my background, I adhered white watercolor paper to a piece of 4x8.5 piece of corrugated cardboard.  I used a swirly patterned die (Sizzix Alterations thinlets Mixed Media #2) on a piece of 4x8.5 piece of water color paper and adhered it over the the background.  I primed it with 2 coats of gesso to give it the look of canvas. Then I sprayed it with T-BIRD TURQUOISE (flat fabio) until I got the coverage I was satisfied with.


 I stamped the dragonfly onto water color paper and cut it out. I sprayed it with FRENCHY'S PINK POUF (flat fabio) and added a touch of  T-BIRD TURQUOISE (flat fabio). Flat Fabios have no shimmer or shine to them, so I decided to add some Stickles on the outline to give them a it of shimmer. I flicked on some FRENCHY'S PINK POUF.


I stamped the Koi fish and then using a small paint brush, colored it using, PINK LADIES PINK,
SUMMER LOVIN' SUN, KISSIN' KENICKIE CORAL, and a touch of T-BIRD TURQUOISE (flat fabio's). I used Stickles to give it shimmer. I mixed some Art Stones in cleargesso and spread them onto the canvas around the fish and flowers. I added a bit of cheese cloth that i sprayed with T-BIRD TURQUOISE. Once it dried, I used a soft paint brush and painted on the T-BIRD TURQUOISE.


 I die cut the flowers, and layered the purple flower to look like a water lily to compliment my Koi fish. To color the flower, I used PINK LADIES PINK (flat fabio) on the insides of each flower layer and
FRENCHY'S PINK POUF (flat fabio) over it concentrating the color on the ends of the flowers. The middle was created by layering starburst punched out shapes, spraying them with SUMMER LOVIN' SUN (flat fabio) and  FRENCHY'S PINK POUF (flat fabio). I sprayed the pink flowers with FRENCHY'S PINK POUF (flat fabio) and only used 1 layer of the starburst for the middle. I used Stickles on the edges as well.


I hope you join us for the June 2016 Color Challenge this month. Check out the June 2016 Mega Set. This one is a must have for your collection. Just by entering, you have a chance to be 1 of 5 winners to a $50.00 gift certificate to the Lindys Stamp Gang Store.


Lisa
xo


1 comment:

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!