Saturday, May 28, 2016

Dusty Attic... Making the most of your border chipboard pieces.

I simply love the ornate border dies. Sometimes I have a few left over that I have cut apart. I found a new way to use those pieces. Why not cut each individual piece and create metal looking medallions. These were perfect to coordinate with the richness of the papers I used. I created the base of this fold out mini from 1 12x12 piece of card stock and just topped it with beautiful paper. I followed the instructions from Sis Patterson. She calls it the One Sheet Wonder Mini Album. 
For the cover, I used a piece of the Lace border for the flap and one of the ATC Frames for the cover.


 I have even used the negative of a frame on the backside of my mini and built an ornate looking  piece. I added a metal finding on top and colored it the same bronze that I used for the chipboard. I adhered the ribbon underneath the negative piece. The top and bottom parts were pieces of the French Flourish Border. I cut away pieces of the chipboard to make it fit nicely. It all looks like 1 piece.


This is view of the mini opened up after it had been unfolded.


This view is of the inside of the mini opened up all of the way. I cut apart the Lace Border #4 to create the individual pieces for the pockets.


I created 6 pockets to  hold pull out tags to adhere photos to. I used chipboard and topped each piece with patterned paper.


This is a view of the back of the mini opened up.


Close up of the mini closed and tied up nicely with a silk ribbon.
 

This is a closeup of the back of the album. That is the metal piece adhered over the negative of the ATC frame.


Here is a closeup of the top flap that ends up as the outside cover flap.


Here is the mini folded up with the flaps showing.



Dusty Attic Products used:

ATC Frames set #1




 Lace Border #4

French Flourish Border

Word Pack #16


And dont forget to join us for the Mood board/Inspiration Challenge!!
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous album sista! You inspire me soooo much with minis! Whenever my mojo is low I just peek at your blog and I am off and running! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, as always! It's rustic elegance!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!