Sunday, February 28, 2016

Lindy's Stamp Gang February 2016 Color Challenge

Welcome to the Lindy's Stamp Gang February Color Challenge. Purple and Pink and Green..Oh my...3 of my favorite colors in the palette this month. Oh heck. Add Orange and Blue to my list  as well. Love them all. I opted to use 4 of the 5 colors, and the majority of my She Art Canvas was colored using Magicals. Magicals are the most incredibly beautiful pigment powders that you can use in a variety of ways. Lets take a closer look...
I primed my canvas using a heavy coat of white gesso. I added some texture using texture paste and some masking with 2 of Dusty Attics new stencils. . Once it was dry, I gave it a light spritz of water, then sprayed Jazzy Jivin Purple, Hottie Patottie Hot Pink and a touch of  Tears on my Pillow Tangerine, The spray of water before hand, lets the sprays run like watercolor and blend beautifully.
Scraps of Darkness/Scraps of Elegance hosts an exchange/swap, and Jan/Feb was creating a small canvas. This one was created  for my swap partner Shanon. I hope she likes it.


Everything else on the canvas was colored using Magicals. The flowers were all handmade using white card stock. Once the flower layers  were punched out, Magicals were mixed with gel medium and the flowers were painted using a paint brush. You control the intensity with the amount of powder you mix into the gel. The color is so intense, you only need a tiny bit of Magicals powder.


My doll stamp was cut out then painted with the Magicals. The tiniest bit of Tears on my Pillow Tangerine Magicals, in gel medium, is almost a flesh color. I used this for the skin tone. Add a bit more powder and I got the color for her headband. Add a touch of Delphinium Turquoise to your color and you get brown for the hair. Her cheeks were colored with Hottie Patottie Hot Pink. Her dress was layered and painted using Jazzy Jivin Purple and Luscious Lime.


All of the butterflies were colored with Tears on My Pillow Tangerine Magicals. I then coated them with a bit of clear crackle paint. I cut a butterfly in half for the girls wings.


I printed up the words, cut them out, and inked the edges.


For the flowers I used, Hottie Patottie Hot Pink and Jazzy Jivin Purple. The die cut leaves were painted with Luscious Lime Flat Magicals.


You can see the dimension of the canvas. I made everything just pop off the page. This would look great in a shadow box as well.


Once the entire canvas was done, I gave it a light spray of Frostbitten Fuschia (part of the Winter Wonderland set). This gave the canvas a gorgeous shimmer with the slightest hint of pink sparkle.  I love the way the color settles into the masked part of the canvas.


Thank you for joining me this week. I hope you join us for the Color Challenge this month. I hope you dip into the Magical's and start coloring your world. Lindy's has the the most gorgeous colors.  Until next time,
xo
Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!