Monday, April 20, 2015

BoBunny & 3L Blog Hop "Squash Book"



If you hopped from the BoBunny Blog, then you are in the right place!!
I was browsing Pinterest to see if anything would spark my creativity and there it was. A Squash Book. A WHAT??? Never heard of them before. The more I looked at them, the more I wanted to create one. I have the wonderful Bo Bunny pocket Journaling Cards and thought all of the squares and triangles would be perfect to use in a Squash Book. I was right. And the size was perfect!! What better way to use a few of my favorite adhesives by 3L.There is an adhesive for just about every project.
 For the cover, I popped up the top layer using Dodz Permanent Adhesive Medium in black. The squares come in different sizes and they also come in white color.


This is a view of the squash book from the opening side. To tie my book together, I used some seam binding in a neutral color.


This is a view of the book opened up flat. For the base, I used the Family Record/Heritage paper. You can see I used some of the pocket squares on the non folded sections of the squash book. The parts that fold, I cut the pocket squares on the diagonal before adhering them to the book using EZ Runner permanent strips adhesive roller.I punched out some little flowers and adhered them to the pocket squares using EZ Dots repositional dots. They are small but very strong.


This is a view of the backside of the book. I love the Bo Bunny design the paper. The non folded sections can be used to adhere photos.


This is a view from the top of the squash being folded up.It folds up like a crazy accordion origami style.


This is just another angle to show how the book folds open.Either side of the photo show the front and back cover.


This is a view of the front opening.When opened, you get the view of the pocket squares.

This is a closeup of the cover. I have used Bobunny blooms and actually used the green flower, took apart the layers and created the green leaves. I adhered the flowers using the 3 D Foam squares in white.

 Thank your for joining us today for the BoBunny / 3L Scrapbook adhesives Blog hop!!! Check it out tomorrow on the BoBunny blog for more fun inspiration and ways to use the wonderful 3L adhesives!!! Stay with us all week along!!
Hop day #1 http://solangescrap.blogspot.com/2015/04/bobunny-and-3-l-adhesives-blog-hop.html
Hop day #2 https://www.scrapbook-adhesives.com/blog/

BoBunny Products used:
Patterned Paper: Family Record/Heritage
6x6 Paper Pad: Heritage
Blossoms: Harvest Orange Daisy/Clover Daisy
Misc.Me: Heritage Pocket Squares/Journaling Cards
Chipboard: Heritage

Scrapbook Adhesives 3L Products used:
Dodz Permanent Adhesive Medium
3D Foam Squares Black
EZ Runner permanent strips
EZ Dots repositional dots


23 comments:

  1. This is really awesome!! I am going to attempt to make one of these next time I am in my Craft Room! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of the coolest things I've seen! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well isn't that fun?!??!!! Going to bookmark your page to return to and try this some day! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made a few of these books before and after you have made a couple they go pretty quick. The possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a creative and beautiful book! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how fun is this? Love the papers you used and all the great embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute! Love your mini book Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW ~~~ WOW ~~~ W O W ~~~
    Amazing....L O V E it!!!
    The Embellishments - AWESOME Mini Album!!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative project! Love how it opens to a whole new look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet. Thinkin I can't think that hard anymore. Have to leave these to you younger ladies. But they're cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never heard of a squash book before. Thank you for such great directions to a complicated looking project. Great use of the Bo Bunny paper and embellishments and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so too cool---I want to make one!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love this. Definitely going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your squash book!
    Would be fun to make
    and give!! Beautiful
    papers.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa,
    How pretty! I've not seen a squash book before - it's very intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your name for this mini album - squash book (perfect!). Your squash book is absolutely wonderful. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the vintage theme of your squash book. I made one of these a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks amazing! Also looks fun to make have to give it a try! All the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cool! I love this and want to try this :)!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is gorgeous! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is a beautiful book. Love the way it folds up. Looks so intricate and impressive.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!