Thursday, September 4, 2014

Everythings Coming Up Roses...By Lisa Gregory

I hope you have all had a peek from Blue Fern Studios new paper line, Montage. Well, it is beautiful and  a must have collection for your paper stash. For today's post, each project was done with each of Blue Fern Studios paper Collections. This first layout was done with Blue Fern Garden using the Timeless sheet. I opted to take the pink color  from the flowers in the paper, and use Lindys Stamp Gang sprays to color the paper. It was also inspired by this months beautiful Sketch. Click on the sketch below to join the challenge!!


Here is my take on the sketch.

The piece of chipboard I used is from the  Blue Fern Studios Roman Clock Set - Large.  I used one of the smaller pieces and cut it out in a semicircle for the corner.


 I used one of the the larger circles from the Blue Fern Studios Roman Clock Set - Large.  to frame the photo. Both pieces of chipboard were textured with gesso, then sprayed with Lindys Starburst sprays in Sweet Violet Purple Teal and Bougainvillea Fuschia

  
I used the Blue Fern Studios Mixed Chains to dangle underneath the flower bud. I cut one to get 2 pieces.


The big rose was store bought in the floral section, the rolled roses were hand made from cardstock.
You can find my tutorial HERE.


Here is the file for the butterflies I have used on my layout. I sprayed Lindy's alpine Ice Rose Starburst Spray on the butterflies just to give it a  kiss of color with the gold undertones. This is one of my favorite colors. Simply gorgeous!! For the butterflies, just right click and save the file. Print out, cover with Rock Candy Stickles, and adorn as you wish. I used the spray for gold sparkle.



This next layout was created using Montage. I layered  Bouquet and Mercantile over  piece of corrugated cardboard.

I heat embossed Lindys embossing powder on the Quatrefoil Panel. 


 I used the Collage Frame to frame the photo.I primed it with white gesso, then heat embossed it using Lindys Embossing powder.


I added lots of texture with modeling paste and gesso.


The tag was created using Ombre Dreams Juliannas Dream. I did some spraying and masking on the tag before adding my embellishments.



I cut the smallest piece from the Roman Clock Set. I used the pieces in opposite corners.


I created  the quote in Photoshop, printed it out, then cut it up for the tag.I topped the tag with Seam binding that I colored with Lindys spray.


I hope you were inspired by my projects today.  Until next month, Visit the Blue Fern Studios Blog for daily inspiration! Step by steps and videos from our eduction team will keep your creativity flowing!!
xoxo
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning creations, so pretty, really love all the colors and the flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely creations. It is so nice of you to share the butterflies that you used in these creations. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!