Lindys September 2014 Color Challenge is here. The rustic colors in the Limited Edition Set are simply fabulous!! With autumn in the air here in Florida, (74 degrees this morning!!! lol) I just had to create something earthy.
Here is a layout that is a little rustic with metallic overtones. I wanted a woodsy
fairytale like feeling, and the colors this month allowed me to achieve that image. I chose a wood grained patterned paper from FabScraps that compliment the colors well. I cut some vertical slits in the paper and placed it upon a piece of 12x12 corrugated cardboard that has been stripped away from its top layer. I marked the spots where the slits were and removed the patterned paper for the moment. I sprayed over those areas on the corrugated cardboard using Cowabunga Copper Starburst Spray and then adhered the patterned paper over the cardboard. I pulled back the paper in those spots, adhered the paper then touched the edges with the same spray. I did some tear outs on the outside edges of the entire layout, and did some more spraying with Cowabunga Copper and Ocean Breeze Blue Flat Fabios Spray.
I chose flowers that were light peach, white and beige in color. I used Fuzzy Navel Peach Starburst Spray for an all over color on the flowers, then touched the edges with Cowabunga Copper while the flowers were still wet. The color bled into the flowers and gave it a gorgeous fade. The white flowers I sprayed with Ocean Breeze Blue and Danny Zukos Denim Flat Fabios.
Here is closer view of the nest.
For the die cut frame, I inked it with a dark color then heat embossed it with Desert Moon Copper Teal Embossing powder. Then I went over it in spots with Silver Moon Mistletoe Embossing powder. The bottom layer of the frame was primed with white gesso and sprayed with Ocean Breeze Blue and toned down with bit of Gag Me With Spoon. The die cut Sizzix leaves were also heat embossed with Cowabunga Copper then spayed with Gag Me With Spoon Gray.
The butterflies are a file I have. I printed them on card stock, cut them out and enhanced them with the sprays. Then I covered them in Rock Candy Stickles. I only adhere the bodies of the butterflies to the paper and lift the wings a bit for dimension.