Saturday, August 9, 2014

Blue Fern Studios August 2014 Blog Post

It is another beautiful day at Blue Fern Studios. Today I will share with you a layout, a mini and a trio of tags. For all 3 projects,  I used Blue Fern Studios Ombre Dreams paper. I did some masking with molding paste and some inking on the background of my layout. The color I used on all 3 projects uses Lindy's Stamp Gang August Limited Edition Color Challenge set.


To color the Wild Field Stem, once again, I heat embossed it using a few different colors from Lindys Stamp Gang. Hydrangea Blue Mauve , Midnight Violet for the flower part and  Reindeer Moss Green for the stem. I heat embossed it twice to get 2 different colors on the flower part and let some of it bleed into the stem.


For the Majestic Frame, I heat embossed it with Lindys Reindeer Moss Green and added a couple of jewels, then just kissed the edges with some soft charcoal ink.


 For the leaves of the flowers, I used the silk leaves that I pulled off of the store bought silk flowers. I painted them with white gesso, then sprayed them with Lindys in Hydrangea Blue, and  Maidenhair Fern Green. The colors are amazing. The smaller roses were colored the same way.


For the cover of the mini, I used a couple of the Berry Stems and the Memories frame from the Memory Frame Set.There is a tutorial for the flowers HERE.



I painted the frame and the Berry Stems with white gesso, then heat embossed it using Lindys Stamp Gang embossing powder in  Maidenhair Fern Green. 
 

The Circle Motif was heat embossed straight onto raw chipboard with Lindy's Geranium Coral Blush . I gave it  double coat for texture.

I popped in some large eyelets to the front and back covers and sprayed some seam binding in Wild Honeysuckle Coral to use as the ties.

For the spine of the mini I used Tim Holtz Grunge paper,coated it with gesso and after it dried I sprayed 3 coats of Lindys Starburst Spray in Wild Honeysuckle Coral. Wow..This color is gorgeous!!!
 
 For the tags, I used the Framed Trinkets set which contains all 3 pieces. I used cut out pieces from the Bits Of Honey set.


I coated the chipboard with white gesso and heat embossed them with Lindy's embossing powder in Geranium Coral Blush.

Once the tags were complete, I gave them an overall spray with Lindys Starburst spray in Wild Honeysuckle Coral for extra color and shimmer.

I hope you enjoyed my latest creations. Until next time, grab some BFS chipboard. There are new designs being added to the collection all of the time. Enjoy... Dont forget to check out the color challenge at Lindys using these gorgeous colors!!!
Lisa
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!