Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team August Blog Hop.


 Welcome to this  months  Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop. I just love looking through my stash of Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies to get my mojo going. This month the color purple whispered in my ear. If you came here from the very talented Glenda Brooks Blog, you're on the right track!!


 For the flowers I used HCPC 3468 Tattered Blossoms PreCut Set. I die cut them with the Tattered Blossoms Die.  I sprayed them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio Frenchy's Pink Pouf spray. Then painted on some Lindy's Moon Shadow mist in Fantom  Fusia.  I gave the middle of the flowers  a shot of Lindy's StarBurst Spray in California Golden Poppy then popped a half pearl in the middle and used some liquid pearls in gold around the half pearl.


I watered down some Lindys Magicals in Pop Rock Purple and washed it round my photos and flowers. I stamped HCPC 3323 Large Elegant Word over the painted areas.


Unfortunately the leaves I used are a retired stamp from Heartfelt Creations, Leafy Swirls.  To color them I used Lindy's Stamp Gang StarBurst spray in Maidenhair Fern Green with a bit of the California Golden Poppy that I painted on to highlight them. The die cut Sizzix Frames were primed with gesso, then sprayed with Lindy's Moon Shadow Mist in Peg Leg Pete Purple. (say that fast 5 times!!!)  I also painted on  a bit of Lindy's Magicals in Pop Rock Purple from the Under The Boardwalk set, then sprayed it again using a couple of layers for a washed color. 


I stamped HCPC 3469 Tattered Blossom Swirls Precut set stamps all round the layout. I painted the flowers with the Magicals as well.The corrugated cardboard that I adhered the Blue Fern Studios paper to was painted with Pop rock Purple, then sprayed with Peg Leg Pete Purple. I used a tiny bit of gesso around the very edges of the layout.


I took these photo's of my dear grandmother about year before she passed away. She was my Angel. She loooooved flowers!!


Now head on to Mary Faus's Blog to continue on the Hop!! Make sure you finish the hop and leave comments. The winner receives a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations.
We will announce a winner at noon on Sat. August 30th. So check back.
Thanks for stopping by....Hope you were inspired!
Lisa
xoxo

35 comments:

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

What a gorgeous layout! Wonderful flowers as well!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your layout and it showcases a beautiful lady too.

merrymstamper said...

Gorgeous bursts of colour! What a beautiful person you honoured in your layout.

Debbie Seyer said...

This is such a wonderful layout!! Love the color purple!

Amarilys said...

what a bright and pretty layout! love the flowers, as always!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a wonderful tribute page!

luv46kdz said...

Stunning! You always rock it my dear :) Packed with luscious color <3

Paula xoxo

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Those flowers are stunning!

thestampingbug said...

Awww...I always love seeing you use photos of your Abuela. Such a beautiful layout surrounding her smile! :)

Rosy Newlun said...

Perfect! I love how you filled in the outer pearls with gold! Fabulous look!

Rosy Newlun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darcy Shannon said...

Great layout. The flowers are beautiful!

Eileen Barton said...

Such a gorgeous layout..my eyes couldn't decide where to look first! Love the rolled tattered edges!

Sue D said...

Wonderful layout of these special photos.

Donna Oates said...

Beautiful layout. The photos are wonderful, too. What a blessing to be showcased in such a lovely layout!

barbara macaskill said...

Lovely layout and the flowers are amazing! TFS!

Crafty-liz said...

Lovely layout!

Marianne Decoster said...

Beautiful Layout! Love the colours!

Lizzyc said...

Stunning layout, very eye catching, love the stamps around the edge and the flowers too..

Paula said...

what a colorful, eye catching layout.

Emily said...

Great colors. Love the flowers

Jan said...

This is beautiful!!! What a magnificent way to pay tribute to a beautiful woman!

Gina Ables said...

Great layout featuring the beautiful mature lady. This will truly be something passed from one generation to the next.

suejimbel said...

Your grandmother would love it! Gorgeous page, should frame it and put it on the wall x

Caroleanne Wright said...

hi such a fabulous layout, and really special photos, a really beautiful heirloom. x

sue k said...

Totally fantastic layout, your Grandma would love it. The colors are beautiful.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Pamela Duncan said...

Awesome shades of purple and an honor to your special loved one.

texsun said...

What beautiful memories you have on saved on your layout.
Marjorie from TX
m.brundagetx at yahoo dot com

Louise H. said...

A creative, original and gorgeous layout. TFS.

Sharon said...

Beautiful layout. Loving the flowers and all the purple. `

Heather Thompson said...

What a great background. so detailed. Great distressing very unique.

Heather Thompson said...

What a great background. so detailed. Great distressing very unique.

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful details on your layout! Love the colors too!

jean.phillips1 said...

Lovely scrapbook layout and such lovely memories of your grandmother. Love Jean xxx

Tammy said...

stunning so beautiful and I love purple, so it makes it so much more beautiful to me.