Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tresors De Luxe July Guest Designer and my Last project.

Well the month of July has gone way to quickly. Summer is in full swing in my neck of the woods. Barbeques, Family get togethers, Work and play...And when it comes time to play, I do it well. I got to play with the most gorgeous laces and flowers this month courtesy of Tresors de Luxe products. From Scrapbook pages, to off the page projects, I loved working with the laces. For my last project, I decided to use it for a plain journal I bought in the dollar bin at Michaels. I wanted a wish book, an idea book for scrapbooking.

I covered the book with Prima's Engraver Line paper as a base for my embellishing. I took the beautiful Tresors Lace and adhered it to the binding edge of the book. This is the front. 



  I used Blue Fern Studios Dream Big from The Optimist Word Set. chip board and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.


I added a few butterflies after inking them and finger painted them with Rock Candy Stickles.The 2 corner pieces are from Blue Fern Studios as well. They are the Symphony Corners in small. They are 4 to the pack. I heat embossed them in glossy black.


 I covered the back of the book with the same gorgeous lace.


Here is an image of the book the way it looks from the back open. The lace is gorgeous, and makes my dollar find look like a million bucks!! I also added some Prima trinkets to the edge of the spine. They are so sweet and matched the cover perfectly. I hand sewed them on.


Here is a closeup of the sweet butterflies. As a bonus, I created a file for the butterflies you can find at the end of this post.


Every book, needs a book mark. I love elegant book marks. In my personal stash I found a Websters Pages Book Mark sash. I decided to use it for the book mark. Here it is shown hanging on the outside of the book.

I took a portion of the lace and adhered it to the sash to match the outside design of the book.

                                               
  Here is the book mark in action.



Here is the file for the butterflies. I inked the ones on the book with soft brown ink over the yellow parts and all around the butterfly.


Dont forget to LIKE the Tresors de Luxe page on Facebook.  https://www.facebook.com/tresorsdeluxeetsyshop

And dont forget to visit the Tresors de Luxe Etsy shop.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/TresorsdeLuxe?ref=seller_info

And don't forget to visit their Pinterest Page.    http://pinterest.com/otanav/tresors-de-luxe-etsy-shop/

And visit the blog for more inspiration!!  http://tresorsdeluxe.blogspot.com/

I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I enjoyed creating it. Thank you Lucy Ohanyan and Cathi O'neill for inviting me to be Guest Designer for the month of July. It was shear pleasure, and I will continue to use Tresors de Luxe flowers and lace on future projects!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is beautiful! Love the colors and butterflies! Your projects are always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi I'm Ana from Blogginup.com.

    Blogginup is a website that allows users follow content of blogs.

    The user can follow your content every day and label the post or blogs and sort them.

    I invite you to come and add your blog in less than 1 minute and start having your own followers to follow your blog.

    How its works: http://youtu.be/BVM-eweaRmY

    English version blogginup.com/en/

    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! I wanted to leave you a comment on the BoBunny post, but Blogger won't let me click on your comments link for some reason. Anyway....Congrats and I am so excited to design with you!!! It's going to be a great year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo! Congratulations Lisa! I was so excited when I saw your name on the list. So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH wow that is just gorgeous, especially when it is all open, and the book mark goes with it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!