Here is the lovely sketch created by Michele Singh
And here is my version of the sketch. I used some texture medium and a mask to create the background. Then inked it randomly around the edges and on the embellies using Vintage Photo distress ink and the foam applicator.
I created the little canvas banner from the Prima Resist Canvas. The splats were done using my Tim Holtz Distress stains. One of the colors I received in my Prize pack from Tim Holtz for winning his floral challenge.
The Blue Fern Studios Grand balloon is a beautiful chip board piece. I painted it with Martha Stewart acrylic paint and covered it with Rock Candy Stickles. The little clouds were hand cut from the larger pieces in the Prima Canvas Resist set that I knew I would use in the shape it came in.
The flowers in the kit were a cream color. I used some Silks Color Glaze to give them a little color. Just used a soft brush and let the glaze soak into the flowers. I simply adore the way it looked like water colors. The Silks Glaze is amazing!!!
I created the leaves and tiny roses from Spellbinders dies. I inked and used a little Gesso on them for texture and a painterly look.
Thank you for letting me share this lost layout with you. I am sure you must have seen it elsewhere, but I like to let you know the details and how some of the techniques were done.
Till next time... xoxo