The first layout I created with the kit uses 1 piece of Carta Bella paper from the Main Kit and 2 pieces of card stock. I ALWAYS get the card stock, as it is perfect for matting your photo's, creating your own flowers and leaves, using it as Background paper and by stamping, misting, and embossing, you would never know that it started with a piece of plain paper. And I just adore the variety of colors that can be used in so many ways.
The leaves were die cut from my CottageCutz Leafy Foliage die. I then sprayed the light green card stock a bit darker with Glimmer Mist.
I added some Blue Fern Studios (not from the kit) chip board for my title. Good Vibes. I just painted it with some Silks acrylic Glaze for shimmer and shine.
Just another view. I layered 2 photo's for added dimension. The smaller dandelion die cuts were cut with my new Memory Box die. I left the card stock in its natural green color. A pretty lime green.
The next layout was inspired by one of the shots I got at my friend Christine's wedding. I focused on her holding her bouquet of flowers. Even though her bouquet was pink roses, I was inspired to create another flower this month. Having been one of the winners of the The Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Challenge, I was on a roll of creating new flowers. I recently came across old photos of a trip to Washington DC where Dogwood trees bloom like wild flowers. I just had to try and create a Dogwood Flower. I was kind of pleased with the finished product. I created 2 different middles for the flowers and will demonstrate both when I reveal the flower tutorial this week with a pink variation as well. I named them Dogwood Elegance.
The title was created in Photoshop, printed, matted, inked and placed on the layout using pop dots.
The leaves are a Sizzix Sizzlets die and the tiny purple flowers are from the Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch. I punched them from scraps and using my finger, rubbed them with the gorgeous purple Inka Gold pot in the kit. I fell in love with Inka Gold at CHA last year when we discovered it. I hung out at the Viva Decor booth for a long time just playing with their products.The fence is a Blue Fern Studios (not in kit) chip board. I painted it with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint. Love the way it makes it look like an old weathered painted fence.
I mixed some of my hand made flowers with the Petaloo Flowers from add on Flower kit. The middles of my Dogwood were created using Fimo clay and a Mold Muse silicone mold. They make the best little cabachons! The other middle are just little rolled balls of clay. Pop them in the oven at 250 for 10 minutes. Done...
Just another closeup of the Dogwood.
You know how sometimes we dress our kids to match the papers in a kit?? Well I photoshopped my daughters green shirt into a pretty lavender color to match the papers. Thank goodness for color swapping!!
I love the banner design. I just used scraps from the paper, cut the shape, sewed along the edges and used some of the rub ons to dress them up even further.
I mixed Main Kit flowers with the add on flowers for my clusters. I love the purple and blue combo. The leaves area Spellbinders foliage die stamped with the coordinating Heartfelt Creations stamp. then misted with Glimmer Mist in 2 different colors. The purple diecuts are a Memory Box die, cut from the pink card stock that was sprayed with purple Glimmer Mist.
Both the title and the flourish are beautiful Blue Fern Studios chip board pieces. Damask Flourish and Good Vibes set. I painted the base white, then sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst sprays.
Just a closeup of the corner floral cluster.
Another closeup of the banner.