The beautiful vine leaves are a new die I found from Cottage Cutz. The little flowers are from my Spellbinders Donna Salazar Itty Bitty Blossoms die. Love the sweet little roses they create. I inked the edges were a rose colored ink before rolling them .
I did some machine stitching on the layout. Clustering the mix of die cut flowers was fun. I just jammed them all together and scrunched them up a bit. I used a combo of Spellbinders daisies, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals and a McGill Starburst punch to create the larger flowers.
Just another closeup of the floral arrangements.
The butterflies are from a file I created for the latest Swirlydoos kit. You can find them HERE. I just added some tiny ink dots to the wings before inking the edges and distressing them with Rock Candy Stickles.
The journaling was created in Photoshop CS5, printed up on a scrap piece of paper from the Victoria Collection and cut apart inked and adhered to the layout.
FabScraps Victoria Collection
Sizzix Tattered Florals die
Spellbinders Itty Bitty Blossoms punch
McGill Starburst punch
EK Success Scroll Edge punch
Cottage Cutz Leaf die
Glimmer Mist in Olive Vine
Stickles in Rock Candy
Paper Shapers circle punch 3/4 inch
1. Trim a 12 x 12 Victoria Collection C49 003 paper down to 11.75 on all sides.
2. Use a small circle punch to punch out half circles around the paper in 1 inch increments.
3. Adhere the punched paper to a Victoria Collection C49 001 paper. ink edges.
4. Using a small pair of scissors, trim out half circles following the half circle punched lines
leaving a 1/4 inch trim. This will give you a post card design around your background papers.
5. Using the excess C49 001 paper trimmed from the back, Cut down a square 8x8.
6. Use a decorative punch around the square to create a frame. Ink edges.
7. Place your matted photo off center to the left hand side of the frame.
8. Machine feather stitch around the frame as shown. Straight stitch around the outside of the frame.
9. Print your journaling on scrap C49 001 paper, ink the edges and arrange around the photo.
10. Die cut various layers of flowers from C49 003 paper in different sizes. The smaller flowers
are Spellbinders Itty Bitty Blossoms.
11. Layer flowers and edge them with Puffy Paint. When Puffy Paint dries, heat set until paint puffs.
12. Die cut leaves and vines. Spray with colored mist.
13. Arrange flowers and leaves around matted photo frame.
14.Place butterflies randomly around page.