Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Heartfelt Creations Wednesday

It's Heartfelt Creations Wednesday!! And Yes it is Happy, that is the title of my layout this week. The design Team does an incredible job with cards..I am not a card maker..I try..Maybe I will try again. All it is is a miniature LO right??? Well, if you visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog, the designers give you step by step instructions on how they created their beautifully creative cards..Step by step!!...Maybe I should follow them and unhinge the secret of card making!! lol..Seriously, the DT does incredible work every week. You must check it out. They are also making a special announcement you may not want to miss...
You will also see my step by step instructions with creating this LO. It was a labor of love as I tried to create everything on the LO from the paper to the flowers with only stamping. Gotta love Glimmer Mist!! Some of my scrap friends tell me, "OH, I have 6 bottles and I am running low, I may need to replenish my stock"...I say..I have almost 60 bottles!! That's not enough colors!! I need more"!!!!! Honestly, Glimmer Mist is the BOMB...I spray it on, paint with it, wet distress with it,color my seam binding to make any color ribbon I want..I just love it!! And on this LO, to enhance the paper, flowers and stamping, I only used 6 colors..Well enough of my rambling.. I bring you Happy...
Cause that's how my daughter rolls...

The butterfly was cut from a Custom Heartfelt Creations Die that Spellbinders does for them.
I added Stickles and dimensional paint to it and cut around the body a bit more for definition. There is also a coordinating Butterfly stamp set that goes with the die.
My favorite leaf stamp to date!! And the flowers are from the the Innoscents stamp collection. They were stamped and die cut with Spellbinders Blossoms 2 set. What I love about Heartfelt Creations stamp sets is many have a Spellbinders die that will cut out the stamped images. So easy rather than trying to fussy cut them with a pair of scissors.
Just a closeup of the flower that was stamped on cream card stock and colored with Glimmer Mist in Sunkissed Peach and Peach Delight. I used my McGill Starburst punch for the middle, then added a Prima E-line pearl. The leaves were misted in 2 different greens. the lighter green to color the card stock, a darker green to touch on shadow parts and what ever color I use in my flowers, I use a paintbrush to stroke on a few highlights onto the leaves. That brings the flowers and leaves together harmoniously...Dont you think?? A video tutorial is in the works for the March Swirlydoos Kit debut...
The corner was also cut from the die set mentioned before. I cut all of my Spllbinders dies on my Cuttlebug.
The punched trim under the photo was punched with my Martha Stewart large punch, then dipped in Utee extra thick embossing powder that I melted in my Melting Pot. It looks like a piece of acrylic. To see how I created this LO step by step with details on techniques, visit the blog. You may pick up some fresh new ideas from what you find in this weeks blog post. Oh and as a side note?? All of the paper I used on this LO came from my Swirlydoos kits...

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout again! I LOVE it! You may be happy to hear I just recently opened my FIRST bottle of Glimmer Mist! Since I only had one I was hoarding it but I decided I would use it! lol Thank you for your beautiful work!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I especailly, love the flowers. I have to use my glimmer mist more often, what a great way to use them. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous layout, Lisa .. love the photo and also how you created with your Glimmer Mist .. I confess that I don't use mine as much as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, what a masterpiece!!!! I just love your use of all the HFC stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my dear friend,

    It was so good to hear from you again. I can see that this layout is a labour of love...you have put so much into it. Very, very beautiful.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, what a BEAUTIFUL things do you make.
    I am so glad that i found your blog i am your follower from now on.
    So i can see your beautiful stuff.
    Greetz from Holland Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! As usual your creations inspire me (although my projects don't look as great as yours) Thanks for sharing :)

    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Lisa!! Love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, Lisa! Thanks for the flower tutorial, too!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!