Well, this past Friday was Round 2 in Swirlydoos February Round Robin Challenge. It was my turn, and I got to follow the fabulous Denise Jensen. This is one of our favorite challenges at Swirlydoos. Denise and I didn't make it in time for sign ups, so I put up a big fuss to add a 5th Team..Yea, I whined till I got my way...(it pays to be the Design Team Coordinator)Well, we ended up with 4 of us on that 5th Team..So now we are known as The Taboo Team...The other 4 teams wanted a name as well...hhhmmmm...I think I started something..once again!! Team Taboo Rocks!!!! Cant wait to see what what Jen and Pat do to follow us!! Well, here is my version of Denise's Beautiful LO. I used Swirlydoos February Kit "Things Remembered" for this wonderful challenge.
This flower is the Ruffle flower that I did a tutorial on.. I used Sunkissed Peach Glimmer Mist to color it. You can print out a file of the leaves here. I printed, cut, and inked the edges after cutting them apart from the stem. I did a little dry embossing and folding and curling them to give them dimension. I topped it with a button after taking the shank off.
This flower looks like the hibiscus in my garden at our 2nd home. I will be doing a tutorial next month with the release of Swirlydoos march Kit. The smaller purple flowers are The Fairy Cosmo Flowers I did a while back.
The decorative circle is a double punched circle using my tutorial, with the exception that I punched the inside as well. I used Martha Stewart's French Scroll Punch around the Page set. There will be a tutorial on making it look like hammered copper.
I colored the little buds on the Prima Vine with Sunkissed Peach Glimmer Mist and made the little flower buds using my Alterations Tattered flowers die. .
I die cut the Alterations Bird cage using chipboard and paper and adhered it with glue then used a brayer to flatten it. I added the jewels that were in the kit, and colored the clear ones with Alcohol ink in Salmon. I made the flower vine using one of the flowers in the kit and wrapping a wire stem with brown floral tape,and wove it through the cage and added the May Arts Leaf trim. I really enjoyed working with his wonderful kit!!