Saturday, January 1, 2022

49 and Market Vintage Artistry In the Leaves

Hello Lovelies! A new day, a new year!!! Wait until you see what 49 and Market is bringing to you this year! A feast for your creative hands! I am starting the year off with a layout on canvas, using the Vintage Artistry In The Leaves Collection...BUT..The canvas edges were wrapped with a brand new product. Curators Botanical 4" Washi Tape Roll. Yes 4 inches wide on a roll!!! In a dispenser box!! There will be more designs to come! Coming soon!

After I wrapped the edges with the washi tape, I cut down the In the Leaves/Seasoned paper 2 inches on 2 sides, and I used the 2 inch pieces to create 2 tags. I punched a hole in the tags, added an eyelet and strung through some 49 and Market Single ply jute. I collected some dead branches in the woods behind my house and created a frame around the paper. Then the fun began. Embellishing! I mostly used the laser cuts in the collection for embellishing, and a few little flowers. It is amazing what you can create with just 1 collection and a few extra embellishments. The laser cuts are simply amazing! 

I created a couple of offshoots of the branches and hot glued them to the background. I patted on some crackle paste, and after it dried and cracked, I painted on some watered down distress paint in green. I used the laser cut leaves from the collection, shaped them a bit, then added them onto the wood branches. I topped some of the leaves with tiny flowers the Rustic Blooms and Rustic Bouquet collections in Cranberry and Marigold. The flowers are so sweet!

This is a closeup of how I wrapped the canvas with the Washi tape. Once I had it down, I decoupaged it with Mod Podge to seal the layers. I painted on  some of the watered down Distress Ink in Green and browns to match the colors in the layout. I love the bits of moss growing out of the branches. The green is a natural color, and I wanted to keep it that way for a rustic look, but carry it over to the rest of the layout.  


I did very little to the mat for the photo. The laser cut was a stand out on its own. I only layered the 2 tags underneath, and cut one of the Battenberg lace laser cuts in half, then used it in 2 different places. I assed the laser cut title "AWESOME", and tucked in flowers and a IN The Leaves Foliage piece. I could resist the photo of the fox which was perfect for this collection. 

Thank you for joining me today. I hope that you are inspired to create a layout on canvas. 


49 and Market Products Used:

Vintage Artistry In The Leaves 12x12 paper Collection

Vintage Artistry In The Leaves 6x8 paper collection

Vintage Artistry IN The Leaves/Seasoned

Curators Botanical 4" Washi Tape Roll NEW!!

In The Leaves Foliage

Single Ply Jute

Rustic Blooms Marigold

Rustic Bouquet Cranberry

Rustic Blooms Cranberry

Rustic Bouquet Marigold

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!