Sunday, September 5, 2021

48 and Market "Hugs" featuring Hike More Collection

 Hello Beautiful people!! I hope you are safe and tucked away, and creating in your part of the world. This week I bring to you, a new layout using the Vintage Artistry Hike More Collection. I can't get enough of it. I love the woodsy feel with all of the fern, mushrooms, and awesome ephemera. I was working from this months sketch, (turned it sideways) when I decided I wanted to focus on layers. With all of the laser cuts and ephemera, this was the perfect opportunity. There is so much more to this collection. I absolutely adore the fabulous Rub-Ons. They glide on like butter, and the edges are so seamless, they just blend right into the paper. On the background I did just a bit of stenciling using texture paste and a Dusty Attic script stencil. I finished off the layout with a bit of color wash and some spatters. I also machine stitched around the 12x12 paper, and scattered some Wishing Bubbles and Baubles around the page.  



You can see the layers I have created going across the page. I machine stitched two of the laser cut frames, used a Vintage Artistry Essentials File Frame as the photo mat, and topped it with a the cute little Vintage Artistry Essential Binder Clip. I cut the laser cut photo reel in half and tucked it under the frame, then I just started adding the laser cuts and ephemera in a line across the page, lifting some of the pieces off of the page by placing pieces of corrugated cardboard underneath. 


I loved layering all of the pieces. And when I thought I was done, I found another piece to tuck in somewhere. The little Go Outside flag/banner was perfect for this spot. My granddaughter practically lives outside!! You can do that 24/7 in Florida where the weather is gorgeous all year around. Just check out that sweet little dragonfly!! It is a laser cut from the 6x8 collection. 


Just look at those mushrooms!! I love them! The Hike More Collection has plenty of mushroom singles and clusters. There are sweet butterflies, and lots of frames, big and small. I wanted to go minimal on the flowers, and focus more on the greenery. The Sugar Stems in Tutti Frutti are a perfect match. 


Thank you for joining me this week. I hope that you are inspired to try the sketch and see where it takes you creatively!! Much love, till next time. xo



49 and Market Products Used:



1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a stunnig layout Lisa!!
    The elements that you chose work together beautifully!!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!