Sunday, June 20, 2021

49 and Market Hike More. 12x12 Layout...Into The Woods...

 Hello beautiful friends!! This week I bring you a layout created with papers from the new gorgeous Vintage Artistry Hike More collection. I simply love the forest look. Mushrooms and fern, oh my! I went into the woods behind my home and gather some twigs to add to my layout.  I tied them together using the 5 ply jute by separating the strands. There wasn't to much I had to do to adorn the background papers. I took the same design from each of the 12x12 and 6x8 collections and layered them. This layout has quite a bit of dimension, and looks great in a shadow box. I mounted each paper on corrugated cardboard using Mod Podge, and distressed the edges peeling back, tearing and curling layers, and using white gesso, sprays, paint and inks, to color the exposed edges. Once the layers were dried and set, I began building the design. 

Tucked into the flower clusters, I used the archival board leafy stems from the Treasure collection. I patted on some texture paste and let it dry. I painted the stems and leaves with colored mist sprays, then heat embossed the purple buds with embossing powder. Once they were dry, I rubbed some Distress Oxide over the buds. This gave the buds a jeweled look. Mixing a couple of the floral collections gave the cluster look I wanted. I tucked some extra leaves in-between. I also heat embossed and colored the archival board that looks like netting and tucked it in a few places. 

I used the INTO THE WOODS banner from the Ephemera Bits collection for my title. 


You can see the amount of dimension from this angle. The gorgeous Garden Petals in the Twilight color is just beautiful! It is my favorite shade of purple. It reminds me of the color of the Jacaranda trees here in Florida. I tucked in some Archival Board that I heat embossed, and added some Art Stones that I misted with ink color. 


Thank you for joining me today. I hope you are inspired to get close up with nature and travel, and create your own projects using Hike More. With all of the accessories available, you can create just about anything! 



49 and Market Products Used:

Vintage Artistry Hike More 12x12 Collection Pack

Vintage Artistry Hike More 6x8 Collection Pack

Garden Petals Twilight

Sugar Posies Huckleberry

Jute Cording 5 ply

6x6 Archival Board-Treasure-White

Hike More Ephemera Bits



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!