Friday, November 20, 2020

Woodland Fairy created for 49 and Market Using Vintage Remnants

 Hello Lovelies. This week I have a layout created from a collection that is a little older. While eagerly waiting on the new collections, (Have you seen the brand new Remnants 12x12 Mini Collection???) I checked my stash for something that screamed rustic and rusty. No9 paper from the Vintage Remnants Collection was perfect! I love the rusted elements in this layout so much. Once in a while I like to get down and grungy, and still add beautiful elements to my projects. I did very little color wash on the background as I didn't want to take away from the beautiful details and color on this paper design. I flecked on a bit of black paint, and added a slight green color wash around the photos, but that was it. For stability, I adhered the background paper to a piece of 12x12 heavy chipboard. I plan to use this layout in a shadowbox  frame. 


I simply love the laser cuts that are included in the mini collections. I used the leaves from the Bold and Beautiful collection. I love vines, and these are gorgeous! I did tear one of them apart to tuck under the floral clusters. The enchanted florals are beautiful! They compliment the colors in the paper. I die cut the frame for the photo, and saved the inner piece of the frame to use as a base and guide for the photo. 


I die cut the frames from older dies I have, and the 2 dies that I used are some of my favorites. I use them quite often. This time I die cut corrugated cardboard, then die cut them again using Paper No10 and adhered it to the die cut cardboard.  I heat embossed the top die frame using 3 different embossing powders to match the rust in the paper, then adhered it to the bottom die cut frame. They came out perfect! I added moss and some twigs that were growing moss on them. I find them on the ground, in my yard, on the edge of the woods. I used the dragonflies Laser Cuts from the Serendipitous collection and inked them a bit with green and brown ink. I framed my little woodland fairy perfectly. 


I think the neutral colors of the flowers plays up beautifully in my woodland theme. Tucking in a few pieces of moss helps to bring out the beauty. 


And just another closeup of the frames that I have created for my wee woodland fairy. 



Thank you for spending the time here today. I hope you are inspired, and I hope that you take a walk in nature, and find the little natural things to add to your next project. xoxo



49 and Market Products Used:
Vintage Remnants Paper No 09
Vintage Remnants Paper No10


Lindys Stamp Gang Products Used:
My Mojito Green Starburst Spray
Cleopatra's Copper Embossing Powder
Midnight Pewter Embossing Powder
Midnight Bronze Embossing Powder




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!