Sunday, August 4, 2019

49 and Market "Wishes"

 Hello beautiful friends! This week I bring you a layout done with beautiful paper from the Ethereal collection. One of my all time favorite colors is purple, and I adore green in contrast to compliment the purple. Throw in a bit of a rosy color, and you have the makings of a project that is pleasing to the eye. To prepare the layout, I brushed on some clear gesso to the entire background paper. This allows the inks and watercolors to blend and flow beautifully on the paper.


 I absolutely love how even the different collections blend in so beautifully with each other.  I used the Layered Embellishments from both the Ethereal and Serendipitous collections on this layout. I love the sparkle on the acetate leaves. The title WISHES is from the Wedded Bliss Laser Cut shapes collection. Add some Wishing Bubbles


I had the awesome fortune of being on the Dusty Attic DT for a couple of years. I love that their products beautifully compliment 49 and Market. I wanted to enhance the diamond print on the paper, so I used a Dusty Attic stencil that is just about the same sized diamond shape that is on the paper. I used a white crackle texture paste and colored it with Distress Oxide ink in Wilted Violet. I used the same technique on the Dusty Attic Frame, and I also used a rosy color to compliment the Botanical Blends flowers in Orchid. The green around the layout is Distress Oxide ink in Peeled Paint.


To coordinate and add some sparkle to the dragonfly, I added some stickles in a coordinating color. I also added some to the Dusty Attic frame. The photo was die cut using a stitched scallop frame die cut. I used the tiny stamp from Gabi's Sunshine Stamp Set, It reminded me if the fly away seeds of the dandelion. Light and airy.




49 and Market products used:

Stamps: Gabi's Sunshine Stamp Set
Wishing Bubbles: Grape Soda
Flowers: Botanical Blends Orchid
Laser Cut Shapes: Wedded Bliss and Ethereal
Paper: Ethereal "Flora'
Layered Embellishments Ethereal and Serendipitous

Other products used:

Dusty Attic Mystic Frame #2
Dusty Attic stencil Distressed Diamonds DA1480
Alte New Water colors: Coral Berry, Ever Green, Forest Glades, Midnight Violet, Lavender Fields
Stickles in Crystal
Prima: Crackle Texture Paste
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide: Wilted Violet, Peeled Paint
Clear Gesso
My Favorite Things: Stitched Circle Scallop Edge Frames die












1 comment:

  1. The colors are BEAUTIFUL and the design is just perfect! Loving all of the details - using Stickles on the acetate is genius! I love how you cut the photo with the same die as the scalloped circles on the layout. Fantastic all around!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!