Sunday, January 10, 2016

Canvas shadow box wall hanging... Flying Unicorn Guest Designer...

 As Guest Designer at The Flying Unicorn this month, I have had the absolute pleasure to create with all of the  January product packed into the kits and the coordinating add-ons. For this project I used the Your Passion Your Art Mixed Art Kit.  It features an 8x10 black canvas. I decided to use the backside of the canvas in a shadow box kind of style. I backed the inside of the reverse side with a piece of paper from the Your Passion Your Art Main Kit. It features beautiful 13 Arts paper.
The only thing I added from my own stash is the Silk May Arts Ribbon which I colored using the Chalk Ink from the Small Art Big Passion kit.  I just wrapped it around the canvas edge using 2 sided tape to adhere it well.


The canvas can also be displayed on a small wooden Photo easel as shown in this photo.


 I used various flowers from the JAN MIXED PASSION KIT. I also picked apart some of the flowers and layered them differently to give me a wider variety of design.


The beautiful  Secret letters laser cut words in the main kit were colored with the Chalk Ink then I finger painted some of the 13@arts silver glitter paint over the letters to give them a bit of sparkle.


Here is another word from the set. I also rubbed some of the silver glitter paint over the canvas. I painted over the exposed staples with black gesso.


Once the background was covered with the patterned paper, I popped the photo off the page by mounting it on a piece of corrugated cardboard, then adhered it to the background.


I did a small floral cluster on one corner of the canvas. I love the Prima velvety leaves. And the Petaloo flowers are so dainty.


  I created the other floral cluster in the opposite corner. I added the tiny Metal Embellishments by Prima. They look like little snaps. 



Thank   you for joining me today. I really enjoyed working on this canvas with all of the beautiful products in the kit. Head on over to  Flying Unicorn and purchase the January Main kit, along with the other coordinating specialty kits. When you mix and match, the possibilities are endless. I love that they all coordinate with one another making it so easy to stay versatile and creative. Stay tuned as I am not done with projects throughout the month!! Visit the Flying Unicorn Blog for more inspiration and instructional videos from the design team. There is always a ton of inspiration!!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Your shadowbox is beautiful (of course - it has Ms. Charlotte in the center) - but your flower clusters and colors are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute frame and a precious photo too! ;-) Happy New Year to you and wishing you everything of the best for 2016! xx

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!