Monday, January 20, 2014

Love is in the air with Splash Of Color

  Valentines Day is coming up and I decided to start a "Love" vertical paper bag mini album as a keepsake for lots of pictures of my husband and I. Once the base of the album was done, it was time to splash it with color!! I had a lot of fun using different elements from Splash Of Color. Luminarte and Viva Colour just make your projects shine. And all of the papers I used are from BoBunny using the Head Over Heels collection. perfect for you Valentines projects.
Here is the cover of my album. It all started with a 12x12 piece  of chipboard that I cut down and created the cover and spine with. Once it was assembled I gathered all of my embellishments. A wooden cage, chipboard, white flowers, ribbons, leaves, charms, and lace. I painted the letters with Silks Acrylic Glaze in Pink Grapefruit. And edged it around the letters as well for a glow.
DSC_2789

I used some seam binding to tie on my trinket that is hanging from the top of the spine. I colored the seam binding by combining Luminarte Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist in Poppy, Persimmon, and Copper. I sprayed them on my non stick craft mat and rubbed the color into the ribbon. I dried it with a craft heat gun and let it wrinkle slightly.
DSC_2776

The spine of the album was embossed using a textured embossing folder and my Sizzix Big Shot. Once the album was assembled the spine was ready for some magic. I sprayed a little water into my pot of Viva Colour Inka Gold Metallic rub in Lava Red, picked it up on my finger and started the process of rubbing it onto the embossed spine just to hit the raised areas the most. Once the rub was dry (it dries immediatly) then I buffed it with a soft cloth. The look is like an old worn vintage leather bound book. Love the effect that the Metallic Rub gave the embossed paper.



DSC_2800

I painted the wooden birdcage with Viva Colour Crackle Paint in black. The white flowers were given a very light spritz of water, then I started the coloring process. I wanted a durable flower so I mixed a little Luminarte Primary Elements in Fuzzy Peach with Viva Colour Crackle Paint in white. I painted the larger layered flowers with my crackle mix. Once it was dry, I added a light spritz of Luminarte Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist in pink Grapefruit. When that dried I rubbed a little Viva Colour Pearl Pen on the ridges of the petals in Red Pearl. And the final touch was rubbing in Viva Colour Inka Gold Metallic Rub in Lava Red. I dropped a half pearl in the middles and surrounded them with Viva Colour German Glitter pen in Red. The depth of the colors in the flowers is just fantastic when bleding all of the product. And mixing the crackle paint in with color as the base gave the flowers a stiff and durable finish. The roses were spritzed with water then painted with Silks Acrylic Glaze in Fuzzy Peach and Pink Grapefruit.
DSC_2798

I hope you enjoyed my process in decorating my mini cover. I will be working on the inner pages as the days go by. I found a wonderful video on YouTube that I followed to construct my mini. Ginger ( My Sisters Scrapper) on Youtube is sooooo talented when creating her mini's. You can GO HERE to start the series for the Vertical Paper Bag  Mini Album.  Then  go and color your world with a Splash Of Color!!! It will surely put a smile on your face and add a  creative touch to your projects!!.

2 comments:

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!