Friday, November 1, 2013

Blue Fern Studios November Sketch Challenge

November is upon us...And that only means 1 thing...The Blue Fern Studios November Sketch Challenge is here!!!!! And a beauty it is!!! It simply amazes me how the designers interpreted this same sketch, and came out with a vision of love for each one. Each one beautiful in its own right. I hope you join us for the month of November and create a project of your own!! I am looking forward to seeing what you do.


 I love the overall shape of the design in the sketch. I closed my eyes and envisioned this...Layers of flowers with vines here and there, and splashes of color!! I used the new Zip-A-Dee-Doodle papers from BoBunny. I fussy cut all of the flowers from 1 sheet of paper. I love the Doodle Flowers were a perfect match for the papers!!

 
The Blooming Flourish gives a nice balance to the point of the design. I dabbed it with Gesso and sprayed it with 2 different colors from The Industrial Chic set by Lindy's Stamp Gang created by my wonderful friend Limor Webber. She gifted me a set to play with, and I am in love with the gorgeous colors!!


 I treated all of the doodle flowers using the same technique I used on the Blooming Flourish.I also die cut the leaves from scraps of paper and sprayed them as well. I just tucked them here and there on the page.


 Here is a closeup view of one of the other Doodle Flowers.I even took one of the flowers, clipped it in half, and tucked the halves under the fussy cut flowers.


I adore the urban acronyms word set. You can use the innards which I did on another project. The positive and negative pieces all work beautifully!


The little bird cages in the Veranda Cage set are so darned sweet!!! I dabbed them with gesso using my finger then sprayed it and dried it with a heat gun. Once it was dried, I inked the edges to give it an aged look.

 
Here is close up of one of the other cages. 

 
I layers a couple of the BoBunny papers doing a tear out section following the design lines of the sketch.

Blooming Flourish

Urban Acronyms Word Set

 Doodle Flower Set

Veranda Cage set

 Visit the Blue Fern Studios Home Page and find out where you can buy Blue Fern Studios chip board as well as visiting the whole sale store and see what you may like to order for your own store!! Then visit the Blue Fern Studios Blog and see the inspiration that the designer create for you week after week!! You don't want to miss a day!!




4 comments:

  1. I love the sketch...and I ♥♥♥ your take on it. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, just darling! Love the doodling on this BB line :) What great layering!

    Paula <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! love how you have used those papers.. and love the papers pulled back like that too...

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!