Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blue Fern Studios + 7 Dots Studio = Love...My Blue Fern Studios September Blog Post

Hi Blue Fern Studio Fans!!I have a new set of layouts for your viewing pleasure. I hope to inspire you this week with my work.  What a delightful surprise when we found out that we were doing an awesome swap with 7 Dots Studio. It was like a match made in heaven!! But then again, Blue Fern Studios chip board will go with any paper or medium!! This first layout was done with the 7 Dots Studios collection Messy Head. I simply adore the wood grained pattern paper. I topped it with the print pattern paper and edge punched it. The paper and Twiggy Branch inspired me to use this photo of Flamingo's I took at Sunken Gardens a few years ago. They truly are "delightful" creatures.



I decided to leave the branch in a more natural color considering the wood grained paper went with it so well. I did rub a little Ranger Rock Candy Stickles on it to give it a little sparkle. Then I just added some tiny flowers that I die cut.


  I love the word sets. I base coated the word with gesso and after it was dry, I dabbed on 2 different color glazes. I used Splash Of Color  Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glaze in Apricot Nectar and Coral Berry.


I used a white acrylic gesso to coat the BFS Doily Bunting and the butterflies, and while the paint was thick and still wet, I sprinkled some Martha Stewart Micro Beads in 2 different colors onto it and pressed them into the wet  paint.


A detailed look of the microbead/gesso technique. 


This is just a little tearout with some tiny Recollection roses and Sizzix leaves to fill them.


Twiggy Branch

Doily Bunting
The Optimist Word set
                            
                                                                   Brigitte Butterfly Set

For this next layout I used 7 Dots Studios Messy Head once again. I cant tell you how beautiful the 7 Dots paper is!!


On the flourish I used some Viva White Crackle Paint. When the paint was dry and crackled, I rubbed some soft chalk ink over it so that it seeped into the cracks. Then I just dry rubbed the ink off of the paint leaving it on very lightly in some spots. .


I did the same Viva White Crackle Paint treatment to the Circle Motifs. Then I added a bit of Luminarte Silks Paint in Pink Grapefruit and rubbed it lightly over the whole surface. You can see some splashes of splats and circles that look like I layed a wet glass on my paper. It is actually new wonderful stamp from BoBunny. It is the Stained Textures Stamp. I painted some Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glaze in the same pink Grapefruit onto the stamp surface and stamped away on my paper!! I love the look as the glaze is transparent and the pattern on the paper shows through.


I took one of the circle Morifs and cut it in half. I positioned the pieces on the edges of the layout. They look like 2 different pieces. I only used 1 piece, and there are 3 pieces in the set.

               
 I love the little cutouts in the Messy Head Collection. I just edge inked them and used pop dots underneath to give them dimension. All around the photo and the peek-a-boo tearout I used a  Viva Pearl Pen in Ice White. They look like little pearls.

 I ripped and folded back the paper creating some peekaboo spots, and used a bit of lace from Tresors de Luxe. If you haven't seen these laces, you must go visit and grab some. They are gorgeous!! 



Just a closeup of the flowers and butterflies. I inked the butterflies for a more weathered look and rubbed them in Rock Candy Stickles.

                                
                                                                   Blooming Flourish


                                                                        Circle Motifs
                                                                    
You can buy a lot of your Blue Fern Studios chip board at BlueMoon Scrapbooking!! Scott and the BlueMoon family is absolutely the best in customer service!!! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and check out my creations this week. I surely had a wonderful time with my Blue Fern Studios chip board pairing it with 7 Dots Studios. Be sure to check back frequently at the Blue Fern Studios Blog often as the designers share their work and techniques. You are sure to be inspired.  You might be wondering why I am using Splash Of Color products on my layouts...hhhmmmm Stay tuned and you will soon find out!!!! xoxo

Here is the Butterfly file that I created for your use. I hope you enjoyed my post this week.

10 comments:

  1. Lisa - you worked magic with these pages! Everything is so pretty and just sparkles! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the details are so stunning........the blooms, the butterfly, the crackled effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these layouts are breathtakingly beautiful.. love them both.. full of your gorgeous style and the flowers are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW< this is the pages you were talking about on ustream tonight. AMAZING. They are just stunning, so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Lisa. The colors on your first layout is amazing...and the crackle effect on your chipboard on the second layout is wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't agree with you more, I still think BFS products are the best in the chippie industry. Your choice of colours just makes my heart sing with joy, that particular coral is oh là là! I cannot stop looking at all of your pages, such stunners all of them! Chiming in loudly with other ladies!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!