Friday, May 3, 2013

Blue Fern Studios Blog Post using the Prima April BAP sketch.

I decided for my Blue Fern Studios May Blog Post, that I was going to do 3 different projects. Mainly to show versatility in using the product. Inspired by Joyces Lawrences  Matchbox Sewing Kit, I wanted to do something on a larger scale. I had a plain old box that I purchased at Michaels that needed a purpose. So I covered it with gorgeous papers from my Scraps Of Elegance April Kit Possibility, inked it up a bit with Tim Holtz Vintage photo ink and a Prima stencil that I love, added some wooded spools for the feet, and went to town adorning it with flowers (handmade and Prima and Petaoo) and Blue Fern Studios chip board. And that is how my Button Box was born.

                                                      
                                           The Button Box



 I aged the Vintage Lock by heat embossing it using Stampendous bronze embossing powder, and adhered it to the front flap on the box.


 I used Ranger Super fine  silver embossing powder on the scissors to give it an aged worn look, and while the melted powder was still wet, I wiped it off a little here and there to make it appear as if the silver plate was flaking off.

 I used the Doodle Corners on the corners of my button box, heat embossing them with the same bronze powder I used on the Vintage lock. I also heat embossed the buttons (WOW embossing powder in yellow) and spools and scattered them among the flowers. I wound DMC floss around the spools and tied floss in the button holes.


     So when you flip the lid, you can see my beautiful button collection!! Easier to find now instead of  emptying out a jar. And so much prettier.



                                                                       Miss Tailor Set


                                                                       Vintage Locks
                                                                      Doodle Corners
                                                        




My next project is a mixed media piece that was totally inspired by Leanne Bishop (Luvlee Scrappin). She did an awesome YouTube video tutorial that you must check out!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXTgnNXpd6M&feature=youtu.be  
I adored the white washed effect on the whole canvas and wanted to do the same.  Thanks Leanne for the wonderful inspiration!!! I used and entered the Prima April BAP as my design.

                                                      Mixed Media Canvas


I used the Blue Fern Studios Art Nouveau Frame for my 12 x 12 canvas. I covered the canvas with a sheet of Prima Fairy Belle paper in La Ronda pattern. I white washed everything in Gesso, and used sprays and color mists on the chipboard pieces while they were still slightly damp. The color bleeds into the Gesso. I used Donna Downey Poppies and Peonies "Floral" 12x12 Mask with texture paste on the some of the circles on the patterned paper as to follow the pattern.  I found that mixing my texture paste with a little Gesso is the perfect medium for a softer texture.

          
 I have an old stash of Prima flowers that I have been hoarding. I love love the big ones.I have 2 buckets of the big ones. They are a discontinued design. I must hoard them and use them sparingly.


                                                              
                                           Just another view of the beautiful Prima Flowers.

 I die cut the letters,  QuicKutz Storybook Mini 4-Inch by 8-Inch  for my title using heavy weight card stock and just went over it with Gesso. Then I just sprayed some Glimmer Mist and Lindys Starburst spray in the same colors I used on the background. I also used Donna Downey Poppies and Peonies "7 Stems" 6x6 Mask, under the photo where the drips are in the sketch. Then added a few more drips when I sprayed the stems.


I used one of the Blue Fern Studios Gabrielle Butterflies (there are 3 in the set) and base coated it with Gesso, and sprayed it with the same sprays I used throughout the page.

 Once the whole canvas was done, I used Glimmer Mist antique Gold all over the page to give it a shimmer. You cant tell from the pictures, but in real life, the gold touch over the white is just gorgeous!!.
                                                  
                                                        Prima April Build A Page Sketch


                                                                Gabrielle Butterfly Set

                                                                   Art Nouveau Frame
                                                                       
                                               
                                 A Layout


 I cut the Damask Motif in half and used it to frame my photo for visual interest. I used Viva Croco Crackling Color on white paint on the piece and after it was dried, I sprayed Lindy's Starburst spray over it and used my fingers to push the color in the cracks.


The beauty of Blue Fern Studios chip board is that it withstands just about any medium and holds up really really well. There isn't anything I wont try on it.


 The flowers were die cut with Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and I sprayed and placed a ZVA Creative rose in the middle of each flower. For the roses I used the Tattered Pinecone die. The dandelion diecuts are a new Memory Box die named "Kylie Stem". And the fern is named "Delicate Fern" And delicate it is! So beautiful. I have quite the collection of Memory Box Dies that I get from Blue Moon Scrapbooking and The CropStop


 The butterfly was base coated with Gesso and then sprayed with 2 different colors while it was still wet.




                                                                      Damask Motif

                                                              Gabrielle Butterfly Set

  Thank you for joining me for this months Blue Fern Studios Post. I hope you head over to the blog for much more inspiration as my Design Team Mates are Super Talented artists!! You will always find fresh inspiration to start kick your creative days!! xo


10 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful work, Lisa. Each project is better than the next. I love that pic in the last layout. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Lisa....such beautiful stunning creations!!!Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama mia, just beautiful :) you're a genius with papercrafting. Leann luvleescrapin does some great work doesn't she?

    Thanks for the inspiration, I've got to get me some Blue Fern chipboard.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally gorgeous creations - all. of. them ... absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Box is just Beautiful, all the details are amazing!! The layouts are so sweet, love your use of the paste, such pretty layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so beautiful.. love each one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precioso me gusta mucho y los colores tambien
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are such beautiful creations!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I left a comment on Blue Fern but I wanted to come by and praise your work here on your blog. It's gorgeous. Your technique is excellent and so are the choices you made. Really enjoyed seeing the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. dropping by to say hi and see your new beautiful creations :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!