Monday, September 5, 2011

An Angel Gets His Wings...


While most of us are celebrating the holiday, there are others grieving over the loss of their beloved Angel. Lennon was a light in a world that could sometimes be so dark.
Yesterday, Precious Lennon lost his battle with cancer..and the light was dimmed..But for only a moment...
Karen (Lennons grandma) has been a friend of mine for a long time. She befriended me a few years back, when she invited me over to her Memories To Last Circle Of Friends/Critique Group at Scrapbook.com. We had a very special group of ladies. That is where I got to know her and her beautiful family. No I have never met them in person, but those of us who have formed online friendships, know that these friends are real.
When Karen first told us about Lennons diagnosis, we all thought, he is young, treatment is successful now a days... A situation that leaves everyone begging God for answers. We were hopeful through the ups and downs that Lennon would beat this illness... We hoped , we prayed.

I am sure sweet Lennon taught his family to love fiercely, forgive greatly, and to cling to God...even in their darkest moments. If this was his legacy, then he lived a powerful life. And so during the families darkest hour, there shown a Light...The Spirit Angel that will light up the Heavens and shine, once again.


9 comments:

  1. My heart breaks for Lennon's family. It is so sad when a child loses their life before they have found out the person they would become. I am a Grandma and I can think of nothing worse than losing one of my Grandchildren especially to such a horrible illness. I know there is a reason God takes such a young life... but it is always hard to remember that when it is someone you love. I will be sending much love, thoughts and prayers to his family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... my heart is crying... Sending a lots of love to his family! Hugs Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for this family - such a loss. We too have a child that battles to live and teaches us every day what it is to hope and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lisa..this is so heartfelt.Thank you for writing this..I know we both feel the same way about this wonderful boy..He will always be watching over his family now as the angel he is. Karen told me that he was happy when they told him he'd get his own pair of wings one day. And tho we never met him..i know we will always have Lennon in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa how very touching... despite the distance I think we all felt a piece of ourselves break away when she announced he lost his fight. It hurts to know that his life was cut so short and to know how wonderful and special Karen is you know that Lennon was from that mold. God bless you Lennon and sympathies to the family he leaves behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it is hard to understand why our precious children are with us for such a short time, but they are such a tremendous blessing while they are. Thanks for sharing Lisa. I'll be praying for this family as they face this tremendous loss. ~ Blessings

    \http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am so sorry for the loss of this dear boy... heaven is full of beautiful children.. and there is no sadness or pain or sickness.. and they will be waiting for their families to join them one by one..of this i am certain..

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Sad. My thoughts and prayers are with that family.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!