Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Simply Irresistible***Swirlydoos*** November Kit

Simply Irresistible is the latest kit from Swirlydoos. I enjoyed working with all of the new goodies that I have not had the pleasure of working with before. Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist in Peacock is wonderful!! I sprayed just about all of the blue paper I used on my LO's. It gave the paper a gorgeous blue shimmer.

I shared with you on how to make the Prima Eliza flowers. I just wanted a pop of color against the steely blue colors.I call them Swirly Sweetheart Daisies.
The files for the swirly vines can be found at Swirlydoos. I love the Teresa Collins metal book plates we received in the kit.

I punched some medium sized Retro flowers and after I hit it with Chalkboard mist, I outlined win white with my Opaque white gel pen for design and topped with a Prima Pearl.

Did some machine sewing on the border before I wet distressed and inked the paper. Used the Prima flower vine backing, cut in scallops and wove ribbon through it. I added more of the swirly vines to the already beautiful Prima vine.

I shared some butterfly files in 4 different colors. I added Rock Candy Stickles and edged them with Icicle Stickles and cut apart a Prima say it in pearls piece for the body and trails.
I printed up letters in Microsoft Word and cut them apart, inked them . I cut up hundreds of letters in different styles...I love the little letters.
I love the new Prima jewelry. I used the Chalkboard ist in Peacock to spray all of the blues in this LO, including the prima flowers. This LO is also used for Heartfelt Creations . I love the leave stamps they have. The set I used here has 6 different sizes. I only used 2 sizes in this one. But they are beautiful!!

Go check out the Video tutorial for the decorative punched circle. I added some pearls to the design.
I tore some peekaboo corners to this, and punched the Prima Flower vine backing to peek through the torn background paper.


I love when we get cardboard in our kits. I just love tearing and distressing it. You cant see the shimmer in the LO, but it is incredible in real life. I also used a thickened gesso for texture, then used Glimmer Mist over it when it was dry. Once again, used the Decorative Circle technique on this one. The photo is of my friends newborn babies foot..The baby's daddy is one hell of a photographer. Photography by Steven Stoeckle. (The daddy)...Steve and Cady have generously allowed me to use the photo Steve took, for my LO.
I used the flowers I created for this one as well. And love my favorite Heartfelt Creations leaves.
When we were at camp last year, we all shared our dies, I bought chipboard with me and punch about 25 of these Tim Holtz hinges. I really need to get the die!!. I used TH crackle distress paint on them, then rubbed a little Distress Ink over it using my finger which brings out the details in the cracks.
I glimmer Misted my all time favorite Heartfelt Creations leaves in 2 different colors of Glimmer Mist. I also used the same color on the blue butterflies just on the edges of the wings.
Just some closeups of the flower. They are so easy and fun to make.

I never thought to use this color combo, but it worked. This is my sisters grand daughter Nichole. We call her Nikki...She has this amazing mop of red hair and the reason why I tried this peachy color on the blue paper. So Nikki's hair was really the inspiration.
I used 3 different colors of Glimmer mist on the Heartfelt Creations leaves.

I also used my Ribbon Rose buds that I created with a beautiful silk ribbon I found at an estate sale, and I added some stamen in the middles for these. And the butterflies are the peach ones.
We get lots of Dusty Attic from Swirlydoos. I have quite the stash now. I painted the gate with Tim Holtz distress crackle paint, then rubbed some TH Spiced Marmalade distress ink in some spots and rubbed it in. I also rubbed some into the background paper to blend in with all of the embellies. I know this was quite a long post, but I always have questions about my techniques. So I try to cover everything.

7 comments:

  1. Everything you have done is gorgeous! I love love love your flowers! Your circles are fabulous! Thanks for sharing that technique! I also truly love that blue and peach combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lisa, where do I start?! These are all absolutely wonderful! I haven't touched my kit yet. It has languished here for 2 weeks .. but I have watched the new video tutorial .. fab job! And I plan to try that this week! Oh, loving the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOHHHH! AAAAAAHHHHHH! You've done it again - you've made me drool on my keyboard! I really enjoy looking at all of the details that you add that make your layouts so special!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently found your blog and could spend hours, hours, and more hours here! Your work is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am speechless! Each and every layout is so stunning! The flowers, vines and papers are all so beautiful! Loving the circle border technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each one is a work of art!! I love being ion the same team as you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing layouts Lisa..wow!! Each and everyone is so beautifully made and with so much detail.. I do favor the little red head one, stunning color combo adding the peach with the blue..Wow again :O)
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!