Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Thing Of Beauty

This is one of the last LO's that I created for Swirlydoos August kit Shabby Ambition. I just loved this kit and all of the papers from IOD..Beloved line. I have also been having fun creating the leaves that are a beautiful Stamp from a company called Heartfelt Creations. I recently answered a call for their design Team and made it to the semifinals. Now I am waiting for a package of goodies from them to create the projects to submit for the finals.Just love the leaf stamp!! I glimmer misted them in 3 different green colors to give them depth and texture.I enhanced the steel grey flower with my burnt organza flower technique. I used my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die for the layers. I sticled the butterflies with Rock candy Stickles and wove some ribbon through my scalloped cardstock. The large decorative flourishes are my Quickutz 12 inch die. I cut 2 and pplace dthem side by side. Then I just gave the whole background paper a dusting of Glimmer Mist in 2 colors. Did a little sewing around the entire LO and I was done. Well, it's 5:40 am...Gotta get to work while all the little chickadees are still asleep. Hope everyone stays healthy and away from the hospital today...Make it a peaceful Sunday for me Lord!! Amen...





10 comments:

Isabel De Pauw said...

wauw !! stunning !!

Janette said...

Stunning to say the least, your work is amazing,good luck with the DT post.xx

Tracy said...

I always get excited when I see a new post from your blog on my Google Reader. I know i'm about to see something incredible. The leaves you've been using look fantastic and I love the organza and ALL the other elements on this page. Just gorgeous! Best of luck on your DT try out. They'd be lucky to have you.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Beautiful, your work is like eye candy...such details to take in! Gorgeous!

Southern Moments said...

Wow!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! I sooooooo have to have that stamp. TFS
hugs,
M

Sandi Cl~ said...

Lisa, this is another over the top LO. I had trouble with this kit but can see that it just stimulates your creativity! Wonderful!

zandra said...

Love this! wow I've missed a lot. Love all that you have been creating. Good luck on the design team. Hugz, Z

Lynette said...

Simply stunning! The soft colors you chose for this layout is so complimentary to the photo.

Denise said...

Hey chica!! I saw this layout and fell in love! I love the leaves..your designs are always so amazing! I know you'll make that design team cause u rock!

Darien said...

Thank you so much for the great tutorial!!!!!!!!!!!! They are Amazing!!!! I love them!!!! it looks Amazing in your lo!!!!