Monday, May 16, 2022

49 and Market Spectrum Sherbet /Tidal Wave Collections.


Hello Lovelies. I have another layout done with the gorgeous Spectrum/Sherbet collection, using the blues, and Tidal Wave Elements. I thought they were perfect to use a photo of my grandson. I minimized flowers this time only using the flower laser cuts. I relied more on leaves and layers. Of course the addition of butterflies is always a must. They are always simply amazing! I started with mounting my 12x12 piece of Spectrum Sherbet from the solids pack onto a piece of 12x12 cardboard. I chose the beautiful blue, and added a bit of stenciling with modeling paste. Before the modeling paste dried, I sprinkled it with white embossing powder. When the modeling paste dried, I heat embossed the powder. Then I began layering my elements until I was happy with the result. 


 I love the variety of leaves, flowers and butterflies  in the Tidal Wave Laser Cut Elements pack. I scattered them everywhere!! I used one of the Sherbet chipboard pieces to top my frame. You can see one of the pieces of corrugated cardboard peeking out from under. It only takes little bits here and there to grunge up the layout a little. 


Don't ever discount the box that we get our Design Team products in. I used pieces of the box, peeling back the corrugated cardboard to create a little bit of grunge for this boy layout. I dry brushed some white gesso onto the cardboard pieces. Here, I ripped the 12x12 piece of paper from top to bottom. A little trick I learned was to wet the path you want to rip, so when you start ripping, it rips exactly where you made the wet path. Here I did a wavy design to rip. Then I tucked my piece of corrugated cardboard under the larger piece, and then secured the smaller piece under the cardboard. I curled back the edges of the blue paper, and kissed it with white gesso. The sentiment was taken from the laser cuts, and I cut the words apart and matted them using scraps from the backs of the waste paper from the laser cuts. It was the perfect green, and I didn't have to cut into my Sherbet paper for a small scrap!! 


Layers and layers. I love creating layers!! Using the Tidal Wave frames, Sherbet Essential Laser Cut Elements, Sherbet tags, and Sherbet Remnants, it was so easy!! There is so much to choose from in this collection. Getting all of the "accessories" for the papers, and your project ideas are endless!!  I did some spattering in white at the end for a final touch. 


Here is a close up on how I used the corrugated cardboard. I did take a piece of gauze and tore it apart and tucked it here and there on the layout, for added texture. It lends a bit of wispiness to the layout. 


Thank you for joining me this week. I hope that you are inspired to create a layout or any project with the new Spectrum/Sherbet Collection. 


49 and Market Products Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!