Friday, August 20, 2021

Have you traveled anywhere this year??? Or any other year?? Do you want to document those special travel photo's? Then the Vintage Artistry Anywhere Collection is for you!! Its got gorgeous colors, map patterns, ephemera galore, and you don't want to miss this wonderful collection. Perfect for those Travel Journals as well. I created a 12x12 layout and started following the August sketch for inspiration. But like a lost traveler, I took a different path, and ended up in a beautiful place anyway!! To finish off my layout, I spattered some thinned out white acrylic paint. The 2 papers from the paper pack that I used are Journal Cards and Quest. 

I absolutely love the little vans that remind me of an old VW bus. The couple of different sizes allows for perspective, and it adds to the layout dimension. I cut apart the OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY Rub-ON to follow the lines of the hilly road. I believe some of the Wishing Bubbles I used  on this layout are retired, but there are some still available or you may be able to find these colors by searching the web. 


I added some jute to the tags. You don't even have to put real eyelets through them! I used the Essential Foliage for the leaves. I adhere them with ScoreTape which sticks perfectly! The laser cuts in the collection  are awesome and plentiful. I stacked and layered them throughout the layout. 


The florals I used are the Floral Posies in Mango. The color is delicious! I also added some Wishing Bubbles around the layout in different colors and sizes. You can see the layers I achieved in this layout. I just popped pieces of corrugated cardboard underneath to lift the pieces. I love the string laser cut to wrap around photos. I used it around my stacked laser cuts. I just adhered the ends, and I was able to slip the pieces under the laser cuts to stack them. I also used the Rub-Ons  on each of the sections of film strip. I had backed the filmstrip with a scrap left over from the piece I tore for my background. 

You still have time to enter our monthly sketch challenge. Sketches give you a great starting point when you get into a creative rut. Look at me!! I started with this sketch and it took me on a journey!! I just flipped it around a few times and it got my mojo going! 

Do you want to take part in the August challenge? Please follow these rules:

  • Use the sketch as an inspiration to create your layout, you can rotate, flip it, turn it upside down or even change the number of photographs, make it your own.
  • Use at least 49 and Market’s papers and flowers. Remember to list all the products you used.
  • Join the 49 and Market Fans Group on Facebook and upload one photo of your project to the August Challenge album;
  • Link all the 49 and Market products you have used to the 49 and Market shop.
*** By submitting a project, you are allowing 49 and Market to use your images on their social media channel, winners will be announced on the 9th of the following month, have fun and good luck.

Each winner will receive a prize worth $40 of 49 and Market’s products such as paper collections, flowers, …
The challenge will be open from the 1st to the last day of the month.




49 and Market Products Used:

Vintage Artistry Anywhere 12x12 Paper Pack

Vintage Artistry Anywhere Ephemera Bits

Vintage Artistry Anywhere Rub-On Transfers

Vintage Artistry  Essentials Foliage

Jute Cording 5 ply

Vintage Artistry Essentials 3x4 File Frame Set

Royal Posies Mango

Wishing Bubbles Crush

Wishing Bubbles Minty Breeze

Wishing Bubbles Cotton Candy


1 comment:

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!