Monday, August 1, 2016

Dusty Attic July 2016 MoodBoard

Hello my Dusty Attic Lovers!! One of my favorite parts of Dusty Attic is the Mood Board. It is the perfect platform to kick start your mojo!! Lisa here, to inspire you to grab those gorgeous colors or words and start creating. I started by mounting a piece of edge distressed  patterned paper to the Corrugated cardboard. Then I added another layer on top of that one and popped it up by adding cardboard in between the layers.


All of the chip board was painted with Dusty In Colour Sunburnt Orange. While it was still wet, I dabbed on some Cashmere using my fingertip. Once it dried, I glossed over it with a thick layer of  Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish. The thicker you apply the varnish the more pronounced your cracks will be.


I only used 1 piece of the Decorative Scroll in the set for my frame. I wanted a light delicate frame. I used Rangers distressed marmalade ink to enhance the papers under the frame to make the design pop. All of the flowers were colored using Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays.


 Here is a closeup of the Shine title. I did not use the crackle varnish on this piece. You can see the deep crackle in the other pieces.


I also placed cardboard under the framed photo to pop it up for dimension.

I really enjoyed working with this mood board. The colors are so deep and vibrant and I am really partial to orange. It use to be my least favorite color, and now I love it so much, that I even bought a Camaro in Inferno Orange. It is the same deep orange in the Moodboard...Sigh.......♥



Corrugated Cardboard

Dusty in Colour Sunburnt Orange

Dusty In Colour Cashmere









4 comments:

  1. Lisa, your work is absolutely outstanding!! This is so gorgeous!!! I feel like squealing! LOL! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gusta mucho la combinación de colores que has usado, todo perfectamente unificado y la foto es preciosa, y luce aun mas con éste armonioso fondo. Felicidades!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!!! Thanks for the detailed information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so this would have to be a new favourite for me. I love your interpretation of the moodboard! Sooooooo very Beautiful!!x

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!