Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Mini Journal Cover Dusty Attic

I am over the moon excited to be sharing my very first Dusty Attic project with you! I am what you call a Dusty Attic Fanatic. I had  a wonderful collection of gorgeous Dusty Attic product before my Design Team package arrived, so I was able to complete the cover for this mini album on time for my post today.
Before I added my elements to my cover, I used a mask and some texture paste to give the cover a textural feel.  I added the Mini Corner #2 to the corners of the album..


The flowers I used are Dusty in Bloom Wild Moss. The leaves are also from Dusty Attic.  To finish the frame and the corner pieces, (I only  used 1 piece of the frame and will save the base for another project) I painted the pieces  by combining 2 different Dusty In Color paints.  Dusty in Colour Oceania and Dusty in Colour Jungle Green. I used more blue than green. Once I mixed the 2 together, I painted the frame. When the paint dried, I used some Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish. Once the frame was dry and crackled, I used the Vintage Photo distress ink on the edges. I placed the photo behind the framed window.


To adorn the spine, I cut off  2 pieces of the French Flourish Border and butted them together. I just discovered that Dusty Attic has the French Flourish 2 pack to coordinate with the border!! I heat embossed the pieces with Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing powder in Desert Moon Turquoise.
  Then I used some Ranger distress ink in Vintage Photo on the edges and adhered the pieces to the spine.

Once again, I mixed together Dusty in Colour Oceania Dusty in Colour Jungle Green and painted the spine that I cut from Grunge Bord. I love using it because it is flexible. Perfect for  mini album spine. I love the color and wanted some shimmer, so I sprayed it with Lindys Royal Peacock Fire Glitz Spray. It leaves a gorgeous bluish shimmer without changing the color of the paint.

The  Door Handle Plate pieces were heat embossed the same as above. I colored some seam binding and strung it through the holes I punched out with my Cropadile. I placed one piece on the front, and the other on the back covers.


I created the journal with corrugated cardboard and covered the cover, back, and pages with patterned paper from Prima's  Seashore Collection. I used my Dusty Attic paint mixture watered down a bit to give the pages a vintage washed look. I will use the pages for future Dusty Attic art journaling.


Here is the side view of the journal closed.  I painted the edges as well, getting into the grooves.



Mini Corner #2
French Flourish Border

French Window Pane


Dusty In Bloom in Wild Moss

Remember you can purchase straight from the Dusty Attic website now as well
HERE

Visit the Dusty Attic Blog for more inspiration from the designers!

Thank you for taking the time to join me today for my first official post!!

3 comments:

Carolyn Hawkins said...

It is truly beautiful...love the details, the crackle on the windows. Love the colors, of course!
Excellent job!

Lizzyc said...

This is exquisite, so many beautiful details.. really love it!

Kathy Bradley said...

The journal is absolutely gorgeous and awesome. I love all the lovely chipboard pieces you have utilized, and the binding is so very lovely. The colors and texture are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing!!