Thursday, March 6, 2014

Splash of Color collides with Something Tattered and the marriage is perfect!!!

For those who know me, You know I just adore butterflies. They can lighten a project and just add a little beauty to them. I found the photo I used on this layout on the Tumbler. Then it took me a few hours to try and find  the incredible artist who owned the photo. Her name is Amber, and her photo inspired this whole layout! Info on her blog below...I have a butterfly file that I created, but the colors were not the vibrant blue/green I wanted. That is where Splash Of Color  Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glaze came to the rescue. I love how with just one light coat, the details of the butterflies still came through. 
I also love my stamps!! And when I was invited to Guest Design for Something Tattered, I jumped at the chance to work with their gorgeous stamps. So on this layout, I did not use one bit of pattern paper. The patterns you see were all created with Something Tattered Stamps on Kraft paper. 


DSC_3102 copysm

 For the base coat I started with LuminArte Silks Acrylic Glaze in African Jade.
Then in selected areas I painted LuminArte Silks Acrylic Glaze in 2 different colors,  Celedon and Emerald. I used a touch of Periwinkle and Pink Anthurium. 

DSC_3106

I also enhanced my flowers using the LuminArte Silks Acrylic Glaze. The pink is Pink Anthurium
and the blue flower was enhanced with Celedon and African Jade to match the butterflies.

DSC_3107

I printed up a quote on a piece of the Kraft paper and cut it out. I inked the edges in black  then lined inner pieces with a gel pen. I used pop dots under the words.
 Something Tattered  Stamps used: 

Den Wallpaper Background Stamp was used on the large circle

Frieze Stamp Set was used on the pieces surrounding the circle and the corners.



The photo I used in my layout is courtesy of Amber of The Cardboard Collective.
She is an amazing artist who works wonders with card board. I absolutely adore her butterfly wings....sigh.... Go check out her blog. Amazing art there!!

DSC_3102 copysm copy



Thank you for stopping by. I hope you are inspired to use LuminArte Silks to color and enhance your projects. The shimmer in the Glazes are just magical!!
Till next time....Dream in a Splash of Color!!!
Here is the butterfly file I created. Just  save, print it, cut them out and paint and top with Rock Candy Stickles!!Just a little hint, as I am cutting out the butterflies. I free hand cut antennae, then color them with a black Sharpie.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Heavenly Angels!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love every little detail of this glorious piece of art!!!!
    Thank you so much for the beautiful butterflies!! I will be using them many times!!
    Butterflies hold a very special place in my heart. My neighbor's 7 year old son left us almost 11 years ago and he loved butterflies. At his funeral there were butterflies all around and a few landed on the people Joseph was closest to. Yes, I was one of the honored ones. We discussed it later and decided that it was Joseph letting us know he was still with us. Whenever I see a butterfly I have to smile and tell Joseph hello.
    Thanks for sharing this gorgeous creation with me!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!