Saturday, August 3, 2013

Getting Krafty, Walk through the daisies and a sketch challenge... Blue Fern Studios in the house!!!

Today is my turn to post over at Blue Fern Studios on their blog. But here I will go into detail about my 3 layouts.  The month of July, just came and went. So here we are at the peak of summer and I was feeling kind of Krafty again this week...So, Using Kraft paper once again, I decided to color it up a bit this time and adorn it with some fabulous heat embossed chip board!! It amazes me on how many ways you can use chip board. And how many ways you can adorn it.This next layout was inspired by my wonderful friend Heather Jacob . Just spreading my Blue Fern Studios love everywhere!!


This time I decided to use embossing medium and embossing powder on my chip board pieces. I heat embossed the chip board and then used a white color wash over the embossed pieces. I love the new fancy words that Blue Fern Studios is creating!! My biggest difficulty in creating pages is the title and journaling. These words make the best titles and make it so easy for me!!


Love, love the Bits Of Honey chip board. You get  6 pieces in the set. And I only used 1 for this one and snipped it apart to create 2 smaller pieces. That still leaves me 5 great pieces left in the package!!


 Here is just another view of the page to show dimension. I put bits of pop dots under the Born To Be Wild chip board piece to lift it off of the page.


I added the other piece to the opposite side of the photo. My daughter is sweet as honey, with a wild streak in her.  These pieces were perfect for my layout!

 For the beautiful leaves, I use a Sizzix embossing folder, then cut out the design. I rubbed some chalk ink lightly over the surface and white washed it with a little distress stains in Picket fence. I look for those embossing folders with designs that are easy to cut out. I love this one.


  I used a mix of flowers. I used Prima and Petaloo flower because I wanted to put this layout together quickly. Making my own flowers although therapeutic for me, is time consuming. I do love making flowers though.

Just a view of the opposite corner using the same Sizzix design.



                                           Bits Of Honey                             Born To Be Wild


 I often dream of old iron gates that have been aged and show there patina finish well. On this layout I aged the gate in a fine Patina using only embossing powder. And in a future post, I will show you how I did it with a tutorial.


 I used 3 different embossing powders to create the color on the Tweet Friends piece. The little birds on the branch are just so sweet.


 Here is a close up of the gate. I only used 1 side of the gate as I used the other one in another project.
You can see the fine faux Patina finish.


I heat embossed the Sunshine word with yellow. It shines in real life and looks like sunshine.


 I created the daisies using one of Sizzix flower dies design by Susan Tierney and a die from Die-namics. I love combining my dies to make different flowers. On Monday I will post the tutorial for the flower.


I folded one layer of the flower in half and scrunched  them a little to create the bud. Then I just tucked them into the leaves.


Just another view of the page to show dimension.


I just love the fall colors. And my inspiration for the flowers were some Yellow Brown eyed Susan daisies I saw in the store.



                                           Garden Gate                                    Tweet Friends

                                                               The Optimist Word Set

Our August Sketch, designed by Michele Singh:

The August Sketch Challenge is going on now. You don't want to miss an opportunity to win a fabulous Blue Fern Studios prize!! All you have to do is enter for a chance!
This is my take on the sketch. You can visit the BFS Blog to see what some of the DT has created using the sketch as well.


Just a close up of the mix of flowers I used. I adore roses. There are so many shapes colors and sizes out there. 

Here is another cluster of flowers. I die cut some CottageCutz leaf dies and mixed in some store bought leaves.

I fell in love with this recollections flower that came in a pack.


I love you browse Pinterest and Tumbler. Pinterest is where I found this photo of a sleeping angel.
I cropped and softened the pphoto in Photoshop to match the mood of my layout and match my papers.


 The Peace word is from the Good Vibes Set.


Just another view of the sweet flowers on the page. The butterflies were from a file I shared with you in my last post.


Here is a full view of the Lattice Gate.I just painted the base with Gesso, and went over the cgip board with texture paste.


                                                                      Quatrefoil Panel
                                                                        Lattice Gate
                                             
     Good Vibes Set







8 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects, Lisa! Love them all, your use of color is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Lisa this is like taking a magical journey through a secret garden ... loving all these glorious works of art and the KIU layout is perfection plus, so many glorious details to spy with my eye... love them all x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are all so beautiful, love all the details, the flowers the chipboard and die cut pieces, love the colors and the photo in the last one is divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe over that "krafty" page, it brings out those wonderful textures and the colors of aqua...again, another one of my favs of yours. Those daisies are fantastical!! I love how you folded a few of them in half too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning projects. I love the first layout with Gabi...and the blue and kraft is such an awesome combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, these are all stunning! Really LOVED your submission to KIU this month!! gorgeous! glad you played along :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All such gorgeous layouts! I love your one for KIU, beautiful inspiration from Heather there...the colours & your details are lovely. Thanks for playing over @ KIU this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All completely inspiring layouts! Love your KIU entry for August - thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!