For the background I adhered some white card stock onto a piece of 12x12 corrugated cardboard using Mod Podge. When it dried, I primed it with gesso. This is the same as priming a canvas. Your background is ready for any kind of medium. I tore up some pieces of Tim Holtz tissue paper and adhered it to the background over the gesso while it was still wet, then I dry brushed some more gesso over the tissue pieces very lightly as not to cover the design. Using Dusty in Color Oceania and Capri, I watered it down a bit with water, then used it on the background like watercolor. It created a fabulous base for my layout.
To create my frames, I primed a piece of the String Frame with Dusty In Colour Navajo White, then added a coat of Dusty In Colour Clear Crackle Varnish. For the foliage over the String Frame, I used a white crackle paint on it, then gave it a spritz with a color spray.
Here is the small frame from the String set and it was treated the same way as the larger frame. The flowers are from my stash and were sprayed with color to match the mood board. The purple vines are a die cut I sprayed to match the rest of the layout.
Here is a closeup of the Federation Frame. There are 4 other pieces in this set that I have put aside for another project. I love how intricate the design is. It holds up beautifully!!
I really enjoyed working on this layout. Dusty Attic chip board and the Moodboard always get my mojo going!! I hope that you will join us this month for the challenge. We would love to see your interpretation.
Dusty Attic Products used:
String Frames small DA1185
Federation Frame Set DA1502
Capri Dusty In Colour DA0915
Oceania Dusty In Colour DA0912
Navajo White Dusty In Colour DA0903
Dusty In Colour Clear Crackle varnish